Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #11

The dealer should not be responsible for the freight for warranty parts. Another problem that I hear from the dealer is that the factory has to have pictures for every fix in order to approve every fix. And that the the factory will not pay the dealer a decent service rate to fix factory warranty problems.

txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #12

In retrospect I have to admit my dealership service dept. has stayed on top of FR the three times mine's been in for service in nine months, and it's going back again in a couple of weeks. I even got a non-verbal response from my service writer whom obviously agreed with me during one of my rants against FR.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:57 PM   #13

I have a hard time understanding why it takes so long to get approval and parts from FR during a warranty period. I was in the service and repair business about 30 years ago. We did not take this long to get parts from a manufacturer. My previous RV was a Newmar and a few times it needed service. Approval for repair and parts shipment was very quick. They cared about service after the sale.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
7 Year Class A RV'er

Did you personally talk to FR? I know all dealers are different but ours is one of the largest in the US and in checking with FR, the dealer was lying through his teeth to me. Also confirmed they lied about conversations with Girard and lied directly to me about having the unit plugged in. I was told to plan on waiting on the unit when I are the appointment so I didn't empty the fridge and freezer. Then they kept it six weeks, telling me daily that it was plugged in for that reason. The rotted chicken in the freezer and the 97F temp inside when I picked it up said otherwise. Check and verify - always.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Did you personally talk to FR? I know all dealers are different but ours is one of the largest in the US and in checking with FR, the dealer was lying through his teeth to me. Also confirmed they lied about conversations with Girard and lied directly to me about having the unit plugged in. I was told to plan on waiting on the unit when I are the appointment so I didn't empty the fridge and freezer. Then they kept it six weeks, telling me daily that it was plugged in for that reason. The rotted chicken in the freezer and the 97F temp inside when I picked it up said otherwise. Check and verify - always.
X2

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "27 nights"
Old 09-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #16

We have an FR Legacy 340RB, 2015. Tend to agree no inspection prior to delivery! We've had our coach 11 months and still dealing with some original problems, such as: big slide doesn't slide correctly and gouges floor tiles; right front compartment leaks; media center and outside TV don't work properly; hot water heater inoperative; forward air conditioner doesn't cool; and more! Also, newer problems such as 12v accessory plug in dashboard inoperative; jacks won't auto level; main fuse on cabin batteries; window shades don't roll up; etc. Also, when we took it in to Camping World in COS, they burnt out the motor to the overhead bed!
When we speak to Forest River in person, they tend to be helpful. But once you count on the repair folks, it's all downhill. We spent $200,000 and you'd think it would be built like a luxury car, seems more like a lemon....
We are new full timers, so it's a huge inconvenience when your "home" is in the shop so much!!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er

Sermperfi1961:

Lots of similar issues with our 340RB. Here are some hints that might help.

1. Our big slide got really slow and labored going in and out and didn't quite close all the way - lacked about 1/2" or less. After a lot of diagnostics, they figured out the hydraulic cylinder was leaking internally and replaced it. All better now.

2. Right front compartment leaks: Yours is the third one I've heard about, including mine. If you look at the top of the door, you'll most likely find it projects beyond the side wall of the RV about 1/8" or less. This is the issue. The compartment where the hydraulics are is the same problem on mine. Another fellow took his in and they replaced the doors but then he had to wait for them to paint them to match. I'm going to try adding a small weatherstrip around the inside of the door on the plastic strip to see if I can get enough pressure to seal them. Rather do that than haul it in and wait on them to screw it up.

3. Hot water inoperative: Don't even get me started. I finally talked with Kyle Johnston at Girard and he got the service guys on the phone and got it worked out. After three repair attempts and 6 new components, it appears to be working correctly. Kyle will help you trouble shoot over the phone and will even send the parts directly to you if you want to do the work yourself.

4. The accessory plug is very likely a fuse but can't be sure. Ours is fine (for now).

5. Is Camping World going to replace the bunk motor? That thing is mucho expensive!

Hope this helps some. At least we're not full timing - I truly do feel for you. Good luck.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #18

Wow....didn't think I'd get so many comments to this post. I posted this primarily because I have not seen any posts talking about paint peeling. I have seen several posts talking about water getting into storage compartments. While I didn't like having to have the RV in the shop for 6 weeks, it was not needed for the first 4 weeks so I decided to not get too upset. All repairs were done under warranty. These were not as severe issues as many others have had. I will say that prior to my accepting the RV, the dealer had to replace the ATS, one motor for the drop down bed, weatherstripping around the full slides, and all 3 TVs. My dealer pointed these before my inspection, so I delayed picking it up 10 days or so so they could be fixed. I agree something that costs as much as a Legacy shouldn't have so many issues. I'll also point out that our previous 2012 Winnebago also had a number of issues that needed fixing. I think the Legacy has not been as much of a pain as the Winnebago.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 PM   #19

We are well along on our first long trip with our Legacy. Covered many states, in Cambridge, OH tonight. At the moment happy campers. For the record I have fixed most little things myself since our dealer has a fit over the "crazy" warrantee process FR makes them go through. Our travel plans just altered and heading into Michigan tomorrow. Once we head home to San Diego hoping to arrange a little plant tour in Elkhart.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #20
7 Year Class A RV'er

Good to hear, captnrick3. We head out Saturday morning for our first long trip. Get back to Orlando on November 2, then head over to Fort Wilderness two days later for the annual church campout. When all done, that will give us about 50 nights camping in the Legacy when we're done. Add on the 40 days in our previous rig early this year and our numbers will be sitting around 90 nights for 2015. Cool! Drive safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)