Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #1

Another Issue

I was driving the coach today and it has been raining good here. Lots of puddles on the road.

When I got home and parked the coach all of a sudden all my gauges went nuts. My air gauges were going up and down. My fuel gauge showed no fuel and no DEF even though I just filled them. My ABS light came on. My check engine light came on. My water temp gauge was up and down and the displayed showed "NO J1939 DATA". When I shut down an alarm started going off.

So after a few times shutting down and restarting I went and turn off the battery disconnect. I waited for a few second and turned the disconnect back on. I went in and started the coach and now all seems fine.

Any thoughts? Did water cause this from driving through puddles?
Old 09-17-2015, 07:06 PM   #2

No idea, wish I did. A good question for Freightliner since it is likely some major connector on the chassis somewhere.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #3

This sounds characteristic of the issues experienced with the unit shutting off while in motion and the gages show sporadic data reporting. My circumstance was a one time occurrence. My call to Freightliner speculated a bad battery connection. I checked all connections and noted there was some black paint overspray on the terminals and I removed one terminal containing the 300 amp terminal post fuse. Bottom line, I recommend your terminals are inspected thoroughly by lifting connections and re-tighten.
W4JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
I was driving the coach today and it has been raining good here. Lots of puddles on the road.

When I got home and parked the coach all of a sudden all my gauges went nuts. My air gauges were going up and down. My fuel gauge showed no fuel and no DEF even though I just filled them. My ABS light came on. My check engine light came on. My water temp gauge was up and down and the displayed showed "NO J1939 DATA". When I shut down an alarm started going off.

So after a few times shutting down and restarting I went and turn off the battery disconnect. I waited for a few second and turned the disconnect back on. I went in and started the coach and now all seems fine.

Any thoughts? Did water cause this from driving through puddles?
Hey, we encountered this problem on our way home from Nashville to Philly. All the same issues!

Freightliner covered under warranty. Apparently something in the drivers side front electrical compartment got damp at some point and caused corrosion on a connector affecting some sort of relay.

Anyway, they replaced the components and all is good. Freightliner assured me the coach was safe to drive to get services and everything would function normally as it was just a indicator problem.

Let me know what they find.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #5

Today for the first time we had the same issue while driving but just for a moment. At an RV park now, have checked and tightened everything I can think of. Was just for a split second so I know something is lurking.