Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 47
Anyone else with these issues?

The DW and I picked up our 340BH the other day. We spent 3 days traveling in it and have found some issues.

1. Water leaking from under the shower, I checked the access panel behind the water faucet and no leaks, I checked the access panel under the base and found water but it does not appear to be from the drain. I'm thinking it's coming from where the shower sides meet the base of the shower. Any one else with this?

2. We camped at a KOA one night and it rained. As I am pulling out to leave a bunch of water came pouring into the passenger side window. When I braked, it all came pouring in from the bottom of the window closest to the front of the motorhome. It's like the water pooled in the tracks of the window. Has this happened to any one else?

3. When I got home, I parked on the street and did not level. I opened the kitchen slide, when I was done I closed the slide and I heard nasty popping noise. I looked and saw that the closet in the bedroom is scraping the carpet and is very tight to the floor. Is this because I'm not level or do I have a potential slide issue?


Thanks for any help......
__________________

__________________
-----IYAAYAS-----
Mons02035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 47
Sorry another question. My 2015 340BH does not have GPS, awning lights or heated mirrors and if it has heated tank pads there is no switch for them that I know of. The brochure says that all these are standard. Am I the only one who does not have these things?
__________________

__________________
-----IYAAYAS-----
Mons02035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
The DW and I picked up our 340BH the other day. We spent 3 days traveling in it and have found some issues.

1. Water leaking from under the shower, I checked the access panel behind the water faucet and no leaks, I checked the access panel under the base and found water but it does not appear to be from the drain. I'm thinking it's coming from where the shower sides meet the base of the shower. Any one else with this?

This happen with my Georgetown. Dealer could not find it. It was the shower stall itself leaking. I had to pull the entire stall out as there was no caulk used when it was installed. Re installed with caulk and problem solved.

2. We camped at a KOA one night and it rained. As I am pulling out to leave a bunch of water came pouring into the passenger side window. When I braked, it all came pouring in from the bottom of the window closest to the front of the motorhome. It's like the water pooled in the tracks of the window. Has this happened to any one else?

Was the window closed and locked? Are the weep holes in the bottom of the window track plugged?

3. When I got home, I parked on the street and did not level. I opened the kitchen slide, when I was done I closed the slide and I heard nasty popping noise. I looked and saw that the closet in the bedroom is scraping the carpet and is very tight to the floor. Is this because I'm not level or do I have a potential slide issue?

Never open slides if not level!! You may have a problem now.


Thanks for any help......
See answers above
__________________
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
captnrick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Santee, CA
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
Sorry another question. My 2015 340BH does not have GPS, awning lights or heated mirrors and if it has heated tank pads there is no switch for them that I know of. The brochure says that all these are standard. Am I the only one who does not have these things?
Heated mirrors are activated with the red switch next to the mirror adjustment switch. Standard on all Freightliner chassis as far as I know.
Is your in dash camera/radio/CD player, etc. a Magnadyne MC4 with integrated GPS? I thought all Legacy's had the same unit.
__________________
2015 Legacy 340KP
2012 Wrangler Sport
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 47
So, I figured out my options issues. I talked to a Forest River Rep. What I did not realize is that Forest River still made 2015 SR300's. So I actually have a SR300 and those options are not included.
__________________
-----IYAAYAS-----
Mons02035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
 
oxcamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio Snow Belt
Posts: 671
No, I don't have issues anymore, I'm in counseling.
__________________
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
psw757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
So, I figured out my options issues. I talked to a Forest River Rep. What I did not realize is that Forest River still made 2015 SR300's. So I actually have a SR300 and those options are not included.
We have a 2014 340bh sr300 and it has heated mirrors. I talked forest river into giving me tank pads for free if I was willing to pay for the install. Cost $250 to have installed, no big deal. Awning lights are an easy install as well.
__________________
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Parrish, FL
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
We have a 2014 340bh sr300 and it has heated mirrors. I talked forest river into giving me tank pads for free if I was willing to pay for the install. Cost $250 to have installed, no big deal. Awning lights are an easy install as well.
I agree with you. The missing options are not a big deal, it was definitely not a deal breaker. I was just concerned that maybe the dealer had done something shifty like telling me it's a 2015 when it's really a 2014. I kind of feel like the deal I got on my coach was too good to be true. But I know now that they made SR300's and SR340's in 2015. Also I am kind of an idiot, I finally did see the big red switch for my mirror heater........

That is good to know about the tank heaters though, I may try that......
__________________
-----IYAAYAS-----
Mons02035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
lrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Massachuetts
Posts: 142
I don't have the Magnadyne in my rig, I have a Jensen head unit w/o GPS. For now, I use a Magellan RV GPS stand alone. I have been thinking about ripping out the Jensen and getting a Magnadyne in its stead, but Im taking on too many projects right now to tackle that tiger..Probably hold off for a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Heated mirrors are activated with the red switch next to the mirror adjustment switch. Standard on all Freightliner chassis as far as I know.
Is your in dash camera/radio/CD player, etc. a Magnadyne MC4 with integrated GPS? I thought all Legacy's had the same unit.
__________________
2014 Legacy SR300, 340BH
Toad: 2011 GMC Acadia
-------------------------------------
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
captnrick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Santee, CA
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrob View Post
I don't have the Magnadyne in my rig, I have a Jensen head unit w/o GPS. For now, I use a Magellan RV GPS stand alone. I have been thinking about ripping out the Jensen and getting a Magnadyne in its stead, but Im taking on too many projects right now to tackle that tiger..Probably hold off for a little bit.
Jury is still out on the Magnadyne GPS as our has yet to work. A mounting issue that the dealer is working through and that may be the only culprit. However, I have only gotten the GPS to work for 100 miles at one point, other than that it will not lock on to the the satellites. I had to pick up the rig before they finished but when we return from a two week trip to northern CA, one more shot with the dealer. If that does not work, I will leave the in dash unit as is and use a stand alone Garmin. (more complete GPS anyway).
__________________

__________________
2015 Legacy 340KP
2012 Wrangler Sport
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.