Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #1

Are the driver and passenger Windows single or dual pane

Does anyone know if the side windows are single or dual...I am looking at tinting then but you cannot have dual pane ones done
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

On what??
Old 12-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #3

The side windows in the driver area....and the one that slides
Old 12-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

My guess, is probably single pane safety glass since it is a motor vehicle and in the passenger compartment. You can shine a light on the glass and see if you can see one or two reflections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #5

Tint driver and passenger window

My berk has dual pane and I had them tinted. Real simple and cheap. If you can see a seal at the bottom off the window between the panes then their double. All mine have clouded, been replaced and clouded again. If I do it again under warranty I'll probably us single pane since the wind shield is single anyway
Dennis Budreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #6

In my 2015 Legacy the windows in the immediate area of the driver and passenger seats are single pane safety glass. The windshield is actually two panes of glass with a clear polymer between. All of the other windows are dual pane.
wintertexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #7

Thermal pane Windows

Has any body had trouble with foging in side dual pane Windows. I have a 2008 berk and most have lost their seal and clouded. Like I said I've replaced 5 and 2 have clouded internally since. About 10 to 12 months later.
Dennis Budreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #8

DBL Pae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Budreau View Post
Has any body had trouble with foging in side dual pane Windows. I have a 2008 berk and most have lost their seal and clouded. Like I said I've replaced 5 and 2 have clouded internally since. About 10 to 12 months later.
Double pane does insulate better but as most have found, an RV has too much flex to keep the seal from leaking. Hard enough to keep double pane sealed in a house.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Does anyone know if the side windows are single or dual...I am looking at tinting then but you cannot have dual pane ones done
Single pane for sure. Based on experience and all the posts on this thread, glad of that. My travel buddy has a 2007 Winnebago and has had double pane windows replaced over and over.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #10

I have a 2013 Georgetown XL bunkhouse model and I have the dual pane windows and have never had a problem with the window seals/cloudy, etc. My motor home is used off road often and never had this problem. Perhaps it isn't old enough to have "flexed" enough. The dual pane windows are worth their weight in gold since we camp in areas of the desert where it is usually hot or very cold.
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertexan View Post
In my 2015 Legacy the windows in the immediate area of the driver and passenger seats are single pane safety glass. The windshield is actually two panes of glass with a clear polymer between. All of the other windows are dual pane.

Thanks for letting me know...I plan to have those windows tinted this spring....during my travels last summer the heat off them while driving was high....have had it done in each of my cars but my last RV a Holiday Rambler Endeavor had dual pane Windows which clouded up...