Old 10-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
I am impressed. Where do you get it?
I'm impressed with anyone who can tackle such a job!!! You are my hero, good work?? Want to do my "small" TT?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
The best wax ever is called Nu Finish. Comes in an orange bottle. It lasts and lasts. I put it on all my vehicles. It says it is good for one year. I believe it! You can get it most anywhere.
I also use this. Started using it 10+ years ago when Consumer Reports said it was clearly better than all the comparables. I use it on my Bright Red '85 Porsche 911, my 2007 Jet Black Mercedes Benz and our 2014 White Toyota Camry. They all have the original paint jobs and are flawless. I have the RV done by a contractor and he at least used Nu Finish one of the times I checked. I frankly can't tell the difference across lots of polishes, but this one goes on and off easy and lasts for 4 seasons. It is not a wax and contains none. It is a polish. Label says it can be used in sunlight! Never tried that.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #13

Well use what you want....but the coach comes with four coats of clear....Nu Finish is a polish whir abrasives...once you use it on a fully painted clear coat...tell me how many scratches you will have....like I said I have many custom Harley's I have built and ride....lots of clear....never use an abrasive polish ....my coach will look like new without scratches for many years...
Old 10-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #14

The bottle specifically says For Clear Coat and no scratches. Since I have used it on a jet Black Benz for a few years, I think it would show up pretty quickly either on the paint or on the rag. We are now at 20+ years on the red Porsche, and 7+ years on the Black Benz. Both of these cars look like NEW. But, not going to debate this one.... So yep. Use what you like....
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 PM   #15

jIm....i am just aware with the new water based base coats with the solvent based clears it seems that the clear is not as hard as they use to be....but as you said enjoy what you want to use..
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #16

I did use Nu Finish on a Red TransAm race car once. After only two races it had scratches ALL OVER IT.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Schings View Post
The bottle specifically says For Clear Coat and no scratches. Since I have used it on a jet Black Benz for a few years, I think it would show up pretty quickly either on the paint or on the rag. We are now at 20+ years on the red Porsche, and 7+ years on the Black Benz. Both of these cars look like NEW. But, not going to debate this one.... So yep. Use what you like....

jIm...your FR3 is not the Legacy....big difference in the outside finish...why do I say that.... Close friend has your exact coach...when you see the legacy finish you will understand
Old 10-07-2015, 08:13 PM   #18

Jim...the trams am one was dam funny
Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
jIm...your FR3 is not the Legacy....big difference in the outside finish...why do I say that.... Close friend has your exact coach...when you see the legacy finish you will understand
I would guess not. I hope you would be getting something for your $.

BTW, just did some more checking around. I ain't no polish/wax expert, but it appears that NuFinish is a "sealer" more so than a polish. This would explain to me why I never see any red on my towels after doing the Porshe. (1985 with no clear coat) Same with the black benz. As far as my FR3 goes, as I said, I let someone else do it. I can't imagine it's surface ever looking like the cars.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 PM   #20

Are we talking the Duragloss for cars or the Duragloss for V's? Ho does it work with decals, as my Nitro has plenty of them and they always seem to be the first part of the appearance that degrades in the sun. Is anyone using a different product other than polish for the decals??

120 days out 2017

Illegitmi Non Carborundum
LairdT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax