Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Bunk Televisions

The bunk Televisions will not auto tune to the cable signals, I thought maybe it might be a problem with the multi channel but the service writer said it is most likely a splitter problem and that it would require taking walls down and about 3-4 hours shop time at $450 to $350. Has any one had experience tracing this down?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #2

2017 Legacy 340 Sr 38C
Old 09-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwilliams808 View Post
The bunk Televisions will not auto tune to the cable signals, I thought maybe it might be a problem with the multi channel but the service writer said it is most likely a splitter problem and that it would require taking walls down and about 3-4 hours shop time at $450 to $350. Has any one had experience tracing this down?

Lift the board of the bottom bunk, look on the right side, you should see the cables coming from the 2 TVs, follow them you may find the splitter in there bunched with the other cables and power wires.
good luck.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCF View Post
Lift the board of the bottom bunk, look on the right side, you should see the cables coming from the 2 TVs, follow them you may find the splitter in there bunched with the other cables and power wires.
good luck.
Thanks, I'll check this out when I get it back from the shop (other issues ).
Old 09-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #5

my Palazzo bunkhouse is the same, the splitter is behind the lower drawers, under the bunks - I can remove my drawers to see it, or remove the whole bunk mattress and plywood base piece, either way...

but, I also have a splitter under the kitchen cabinets, which was my culprit, as the movement of the slide had created a 'pinched' area where it was not really enough room for all of these coax cables to remain 'still' and keep a good connection.

No walls need to be 'moved'....whatever that even means.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
my Palazzo bunkhouse is the same, the splitter is behind the lower drawers, under the bunks - I can remove my drawers to see it, or remove the whole bunk mattress and plywood base piece, either way...

but, I also have a splitter under the kitchen cabinets, which was my culprit, as the movement of the slide had created a 'pinched' area where it was not really enough room for all of these coax cables to remain 'still' and keep a good connection.

No walls need to be 'moved'....whatever that even means.
Service writer told me the splitters were behind the walls.
mlwilliams808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:32 AM   #7

If your bedroom TV tunes & your bunks don't, it is most likely the splitter located under the bottom bunk. You'll probably find a frayed wire touching on the inside of the connector on the input coax.
red0801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, television