Old 05-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Dashboard Light Indicator: 2018 Legacy SR340 model 34A

Coming back from a hilly trip in Texas, the ! indicator light popped on. The actual indicator was an exclamation point in a circle with little dashes going around the circle. It was colored orange. The indicator light is located next to my brake engine light then the cruise control light.

I pulled over and turned the coach off (a 2018 legacy SR340 model 34A). The manuals showed this indicator to signal low air in the break engine OR other pages indicated it was a transmission issue. I had no manual directly related to this new coach I recently purchased.

I started the coach back up and the indicator light never popped on for the remainder of the trip.

Has anyone ever had this indicator light pop on and then have to get the coach serviced?

I will need to go direct to Forest River and ask for a manual specific to my coach and dashboard.

Thanks

jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
western NC mountains!

I had a similar incident the other week, right after an oil change service at Speedco, got only 1 mile down the interstate and a 'engine' alert light came on... unnerving to say the least, but I pulled into a station and thought it might be for low DEF. They had no DEF, so I cranked back up, and low and behold no more alert.

Never showed again for several trips and a 1,000 miles. : )

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 200w/10amps mobile SOLAR
82,900 miles, US, Alaska, and Canada.. : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #3

Since your unit is a 2018 it is 'new' (tape over the light and all is good....not!). Get it back to where you bought it and have them look it over AND Tell You exactly WHY THE LIGHT CAME ON. Problems like this now will only compound in the future. get it checked out. You do not want to mess with the cost of a transmission repair.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
western NC mountains!

actually, if you're concerned, call Freightliner directly - they have folks on staff ready and willing to walk you thru any concern with alerts. They know what they are and how to handle them, if they need handling.

I called them once while my 'engine light' came on. They walked me thru finding the 'code' and decided that it was a DEF nOx sensor that needed attention, but that it was not an emergency, just have it looked at the next time you have service.
Well, that was over a month and a 1,000 miles later. A Cummins shop in Ft Wayne had me in and replaced the sensor, no issues since. Also, since it's emissions related, the warranty coverage is for 5 years. No cost to me.

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 200w/10amps mobile SOLAR
82,900 miles, US, Alaska, and Canada.. : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #5

Dashboard Light Indicator: 2018 Legacy SR340 model 34A

Download the Freightliner 24/7 Direct App. Explanation of dash lights are there.
Anything with the engine, transmission, drive train or chassis you are better off contacting Freightliner directly. They havenít steered me wrong yet and have been very helpful.
CRL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRL1 View Post
Download the Freightliner 24/7 Direct App. Explanation of dash lights are there.
Anything with the engine, transmission, drive train or chassis you are better off contacting Freightliner directly. They havenít steered me wrong yet and have been very helpful.
While you're there, you can also download interactive Forest River Owner Manuals for about the past 3 years on either an i-Phone or an Android. You can also download them to your computer from the Forest River Online Manuals Page.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, light