Old 04-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #11

Drawers look great.

This is something we have been wanting to do as well. I'm sure I can handle getting it apart and building the box and rails however that end cap with the fabric is the key.

How willing was forest river to get the fabric for you? What exactly did you tell them you needed?

Thanks

Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 AM   #12

Maybe you can give lessons @ forest river plant on how to build stuff and build it right. Very nice job.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #13
US MARINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Drawers look great.

This is something we have been wanting to do as well. I'm sure I can handle getting it apart and building the box and rails however that end cap with the fabric is the key.

How willing was forest river to get the fabric for you? What exactly did you tell them you needed?

Thanks

The toughest part was pulling all the LONG staples and separating the end cap. Seeing the seams and covering it took about 15 minutes for the guy to do. Once my wife finally got to the right person (FR PARTS DEP) the young lady there was VERY willing She had to order it from their source and then forwarded it to us. My wife sent her pics of our fabric to make sure it matched before she ordered it. We ordered 5 yards just so we would have extra on hand.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 PM   #14

Thanks again for a great post. I have studied every picture and word, going to do it for sure, probably after summer. We are leaving on a couple month trip to the Canadian Rockies shortly but I will be eyeballing those seats while we are out.

I'm surprised you didn't decide to do the aft bench as well since the front one came out so well. My wife looked over your pictures as well, she is focused on getting it done now.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:17 AM   #15
US MARINE

The aft seat has the frame for the seat belts and we use those seat belts for the grand kids car seats so that wasn't really an option. But it would have been nice. Enjoy the Rockies. Make sure you stop by Banff and Lake Louise
Old 11-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #16

Now that we have a little pause in travel I am copying your dinette drawer. Just received the drawer slides, working on the fabric. Naturally the fabric has been discontinued per FR. So I am working with Williamsburg Furniture to find something close. Got some swatches coming via snail mail so we can match as good as possible. Anxious to get started once all the materials arrive.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:01 AM   #17
US MARINE

Good luck with it. We have really enjoyed ours. After months of use the only issue we found was that I did not mount the drawer face high enough and about a Foot before full extension it drags the floor. Just mount the bottom of the drawer as high as you can and it should clear, no problem.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #18

I see you have the Dream Dinette mechanism. Installed mine this past year and my DW loves it.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
Good luck with it. We have really enjoyed ours. After months of use the only issue we found was that I did not mount the drawer face high enough and about a Foot before full extension it drags the floor. Just mount the bottom of the drawer as high as you can and it should clear, no problem.
Thanks much. Can't beat experience.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:52 AM   #20
US MARINE

Not sure what a Dream Dinette System is but if you mean the under seat storage , yes. We built it a few months ago and really like it.

Tags
storage