Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #1

Engine battery

Today this morning when starting the RV at the camp ground she worked hard starting up from the doll morning...did get down to 47 deg last night.....engine light is showing and I will see if the Freightliner dealer can plug in and tell me what the codes are...

Then when I got back to where I park it ....turned it off for a few moments....then went to restart it and she again labored...did not use the additional power switch....just drove it 70 miles and the battery charging shows 13 volts....

Do any of you ever have a hard start?

Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #2

I have not experienced the issue you describe. Based on the information you provided, I recommend checking all battery connections. There is a connection on the chassis set that has a 300 amp terminal fuse that is critical for operations.

W4JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #3

All connections seem good....I am going to install a Amp L Start.....I device that sends current from the house batteries to the chassis to keep them charged
Old 10-11-2015, 08:57 PM   #4

Although I have not fully traced or studied all connections in complete, my communications with FR indicate that the system is already set up to keep both banks charged. Regarding cable connections, I found black paint overspray on one set of cables with the fuse I referred to above. Cleaning it definitely provided more contact surface for connectivity.
W4JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4JJ View Post
Although I have not fully traced or studied all connections in complete, my communications with FR indicate that the system is already set up to keep both banks charged. Regarding cable connections, I found black paint overspray on one set of cables with the fuse I referred to above. Cleaning it definitely provided more contact surface for connectivity.

I will check tomorrow ....thanks for your help
Old 10-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4JJ View Post

Can you e mail me at blacknchromehd@aol.co,

Tags
battery