Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #1

fAcebook

So I place something on this page to also mention a Facebook page for legacy owners and it gets removed????

Old 09-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

From what I understand, that is not allowed.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #3

Not allowed to have other forms of talking and meeting up....?.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Ask the moderators/administrators. Not really a question to post in a thread.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Ask the moderators/administrators. Not really a question to post in a thread.
Correct.

Use of FRF to solicit membership or direct the members here to other groups, lists, or businesses is against the site guidelines. Many may not like the blanket ban per se, but it is based off of a lot of previous experience, as most every guideline is.

You may have had great intentions and just want to communicate with your fellow like minded RV owners on another medium, but we have no way of truly knowing what you are doing. Are you commercial, are you going to sell your members personal information, so on, so on? We've had that happen many times before. There's too much unknown for us.

Also if we let you do it, even with honest intentions, then the next one with not so honest intentions will start crying foul...since we allowed you. The blanket ban solves it all. The guidelines are not laws, but a way for us to have a little order in the forum setting. Sometimes exceptions can be made when the intent is clear. Facebook is usually not going to be that kind of exception though.

FRF is a close community, basically a family. We are going to do our utmost to look out for the family. Hopefully everyone will understand that.

We answered this question in the open forums as we thought it was good for everyone to know again, even though we have stated it several times. The community guidelines can be found here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

and here is the part that protect the family:

Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. The use of Forest River Forums to solicit members and/or customers for other groups, lists or businesses is expressly forbidden.

Also, it is usually best whenever a site team member does something, to contact them or any of the other site team, thru the PM system to discuss it as per:

Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
Old 09-28-2015, 10:00 AM   #6

Thank you and I now understand the concern. Was not trying to cause any issues with the forum or members....my apologies
Old 09-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Thank you and I now understand the concern. Was not trying to cause any issues with the forum or members....my apologies
You are very welcome. As previously stated, it's an important and legitimate question you had, and we needed to remind everyone again. Thanks for your support.

We are going to go ahead and close this one out, as it's not really a discussion thread per se.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
Old 09-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I need to add an apology for taking the thread offline earlier without notifying Blacknchromehd. I saw the thread earlier today, and "unapproved" it (taking it offline), then I had to sign off the forum before being able to PM the OP. I was hoping to get back on soon after, but life got in the way.

Many thanks to wmtire for explaining why the thread was taken offline.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
Closed Thread