Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #1

Factory Support

Many on the Forums complain about the quality and support they get from the dealer or the factory.

After 15 years owning a Holiday Rambler we traded it in for a new Legacy this past July. I have never had the great support on my HR that I have on my Legacy.

Recently I noticed one of the tiles had some rub marks on it from the slides and know someday the rub will cause a failure...Well I asked Mike at FR Legacy group for a spare or two. He mentioned that there should have been some spares already in the coach. I told him I looked everywhere but with no luck...

Today a box of 6 full tiles showed up free of charge and no shipping cost. Anytime I have a question I talk to Mike Bukowski at 574-293-6137...this guy is very friendly and professional and understands customer service...

For those of you with RV issues checking the FR web site will give you the specific person at the factory to contact via E-mail or phone..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2958.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	94213  
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

Funny you mentioned the rubbing on the floor tiles. I noticed a couple of spots like that during our long trip. Have to get the angle just right to see them right now, right where the dinette slides inward. Luckily, we had spare tiles in the coach when we picked it up, just as FR stated. Is this a normal wear thing? We never had slides before, so I didn't know if there was something that needed adjusting or if this was why the extra tiles were provided.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Just use a pair of these and protect the tile or carpet. You could make your own out of alum.
Slide-Out Slicker, 40" Pair-pplmotorhomes.com
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #4

Coot...will this work with the tiles instead of the carpet mentioned?
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Coot...will this work with the tiles instead of the carpet mentioned?
works on our linoleum floor.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #6

I have noticed slight scratching too, right in line with the dinette bench. I took a long thin duster and ran it underneath the slide. I found an assortment of screws, metal filings, and small blocks of wood. Any of these could cause scraping when slide is moved. I have not been able to tell yet if the rubbing is still occurring or not. I had to replace a tile by the passenger seat that had bubbled up. Dealer had to order new one. I did not receive any spare ones when I bought the RV.

Tags
factory