Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #1

Force View Rear Camera?

Anyone know how to force the rear camera to stay on the in-dash display when driving? Ok if it switches to side-view when turning but, would prefer to have rear camera displayed on screen when driving forward. My in-dash unit is a Jensen (unknown model)

2014 Legacy SR300 340BH
Old 07-31-2017, 07:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Anyone know how to force the rear camera to stay on the in-dash display when driving? Ok if it switches to side-view when turning but, would prefer to have rear camera displayed on screen when driving forward. My in-dash unit is a Jensen (unknown model)

2014 Legacy SR300 340BH

Turn on the radio and then push the camera button on the left side of the face of the Jensen. This should turn on the rear camera and leave it on.
tmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll give that another try. Didn't work before but I pushed a lot of buttons that day. Lol
Old 08-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #4

If you have the Magnadyne unit, after turning the unit on, press the Home button on upper right of screen to get to the homepage. Then press the camera button to bring up the camera. You can then select which camera to view. The camera button is on page 1 of the homepage-- mine usually goes to page 2 when I press the home button.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

What the others said is what I do to keep the rear camera view. It does reset when you turn the indash unit off. Side cameras still go on and off with blinkers, then return to rear view.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #6

On the Jensen, push menu and a full screen of menu items (icons) will come up on the screen. Push "next" and a second screen of items will come up. Push camera and the rear view camera will stay on all the time.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #7

Can you do anything like this on a Ford factory view that comes with their Max-Tow?
georandycorbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #8

I installed a trailer cam in my Honda Ridgeline TV. Display is thru the factory GPS display. Bumper cam works in reverse only. Trailer cam works in any gear, selectable thru a switch I mounted in the dash.

I put a description in the Ridgeline user group, towing and hitch forum.
drnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:54 AM   #9

Thanx!
georandycorbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:59 PM   #10
2020 Forester 2851SLE

I have a 2017 Georgetown 31L5 with the Panasonic in dash control and I can't seem to find a way to default to the rear view camera. I put the camera on and as soon as I use either turn signal after the side image goes away it comes to a warning screen about videos while driving and never returns to the rear camera view. Anyone with a newer motorhome that uses the Panasonic that might have defeated this???
Old 08-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
On the Jensen, push menu and a full screen of menu items (icons) will come up on the screen. Push "next" and a second screen of items will come up. Push camera and the rear view camera will stay on all the time.

Thanks Mark. My Jensen must be a different model as I don't have the same controls you referred to. I was able to get it working though. The "camera" icon on my screen was grey and inactive. I finally got paperwork for all the gizmos in front of me at the same time (and no family around to distract me). Got the Voyager camera controller remote to turn on the controller which made the camera icon active!

Thanks again.