Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
US MARINE

Front windshield rubber seal.

Glad this new Legacy rig is going in for warranty work soon. Less then a year old and we have a list as long as my arm to be fixed. The latest......the front windshield rubber seal started coming out at about 65mph the other day. The whole top part came out of its groove and started flapping like crazy....no warning. Now I proudly drive around with a very nice and bold duct tape job over the top portion of my new Legacy windshield. I'll post later about the screws that have started pushing up through the tiles inside the coach. I wish I spent more time relaxing in the campgrounds then I do fixing things on this rig.
MarineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
Glad this new Legacy rig is going in for warranty work soon. Less then a year old and we have a list as long as my arm to be fixed. The latest......the front windshield rubber seal started coming out at about 65mph the other day. The whole top part came out of its groove and started flapping like crazy....no warning. Now I proudly drive around with a very nice and bold duct tape job over the top portion of my new Legacy windshield. I'll post later about the screws that have started pushing up through the tiles inside the coach. I wish I spent more time relaxing in the campgrounds then I do fixing things on this rig.
Sorry to hear about he issues you are having. I am curious about screws coming up. From where? Possible screws that were too long attaching something in the basement?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #3

I imagine there are a lot of us interested. Please post some pictures.

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
US MARINE

Screws coming up

Im out of town right now but Ill post some pics when I get back. In short there are two tiles, one just outside the bathroom and one in the living room area that have obvious bulges in them. It appears to be something from the bottom of the tile attempting to work its way up. They haven't broken through the tiles yet but close enough that you can tell its about a 1/4 inch round head on whatever it is. My best guess is a bolt or screw that is working loose and backing out from the substructure under the tiles.
MarineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #5
padcarroll

I have both situations on my 2014 340BH. The windshield has been replaced so I called the company that replaced it. The windshield is set in mastic so you should not get any water inside due the rubber moulding failing. The rubber moulding is "T" shaped and is set in place with silicon adhesive. I too had to duct tape mine in place until I got to where I would sit long enough to apply new silicon adhesive and let dry. I also applied the a tiny about of silicon to the outer edges.
I believe you may also have some screws under the tiles that missed anchoring into the basement subframe. I had one in the bedroom under the carpet that was backing out of the flooring. I an see where that screw missed the subframe in the battery compartment. I understand that this is common on the Legacy. This is also why the basements leak so bad.
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote