Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #1

Getting HD Signal To All TV's

I figured I would start a thread for people to talk about how they went about getting a HD signal to all of the HD TV's in our coaches.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used a HDMI over Coax (RG6) system or a wireless HDMI system and if so what have been your results? This can be an expensive thing to do so any comments would be great if you have had experience in doing it.

Amazon has a HDMI over Coax with IR capability for 200 bucks per unit. I'm thinking about doing it for 1 TV to start. It would allow me to keep all the directv boxes in one cabinet but it needs a lot of outlet space.....
Old 05-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
I figured I would start a thread for people to talk about how they went about getting a HD signal to all of the HD TV's in our coaches.

I am wondering if anyone has ever used a HDMI over Coax (RG6) system or a wireless HDMI system and if so what have been your results? This can be an expensive thing to do so any comments would be great if you have had experience in doing it.

Amazon has a HDMI over Coax with IR capability for 200 bucks per unit. I'm thinking about doing it for 1 TV to start. It would allow me to keep all the directv boxes in one cabinet but it needs a lot of outlet space.....
I looked at that and decided for us it was not worth it. Pretty happy with how all our entertainment system works since we seldom watch movies. If you do install would be interesting to hear how it works.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

I actually went so far as to buy a wireless HDMI setup that CW had on clearance. Wound up returning it after reading the instructions. Seems that particular model had a receiver and a transmitter that only worked when they were directly across from one another and gad line of sight. My thought was to put the transmitter in the lower cabinet of our 360RB, where I had replaced the much sought after (ha ha) Craig DVD player. The receiver was to mount behind the TV above. Obviously, no worky! For now, I yanked out the Craig and replaced it with a basic Sony Blu-Ray and gave an HDMI cable in the lower cabinet that I will simply run up to the TV when watching a DVD. Eventually hope to fish the cable up to the back of the TV but not quite sure how to achieve that yet.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #4

I have HDMI over Cat 6 in my home and it works well. I would think it would also work on RG6.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #5

I have HDMI over Cat 6 in my home and it works well. I would think it would also work on RG6.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
7 Year Class A RV'er

The problem is finding a converter for that; suggestions? CAT6 converters I can find.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
The problem is finding a converter for that; suggestions? CAT6 converters I can find.
Are you asking where to find a HDMI to RG6 converter? If so here is one at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop
Old 05-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #8

I have a Coachman Mirada, which came without any satellite wiring. After running coax into the cabinet under the bedroom TV (easily done), I decided to put my 2 Directv receivers in the bedroom, under the the TV and needed to get a signal to the Main TV and to the outside one. I got a set of Actiontek units, put the Xmitter in the bedroom and the receiver at the front TV. I also got a second receiver for the outside unit. Not a cheap solution, but it works fine. Sometimes need to re-sync them on startup, but stable after that. Here's a link
http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Wire...T0F8JJTNBE9BX6
Chuck.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
7 Year Class A RV'er

Yes, Mons02035! Thank you!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Are you asking where to find a HDMI to RG6 converter? If so here is one at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

Those are RG-6 BNC connectors, not "F" connectors typical of coax cable TV connectors. You'll need an adapter..

http://www.amazon.com/F-Female-to-BN.../dp/B000V1LX72
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #11

Quote:

I decided to go cheap and got an A/V modulator for the coax since we fall asleep pretty fast in the bedroom with the TV on. SD is adequate to fall asleep to!
oakprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #12

Most likely you will not notice much difference in picture quality on the small TV in the bedroom. They are only 720p anyway