Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

Got it home!

Brought our new RB home yesterday. Now get to figure out where to store everything and do a few mods. Dealer wasn't sure about the sound bar operation. ... would appreciate someone explaining how it works. Not sure mine is even powering up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1431526555159.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	76850  
Old 05-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #2

Great looking ride... So happy for you guys. I can't wait to get mine.. hopefully about this time next year.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAG View Post
Brought our new RB home yesterday. Now get to figure out where to store everything and do a few mods. Dealer wasn't sure about the sound bar operation. ... would appreciate someone explaining how it works. Not sure mine is even powering up.
Check to make sure that the plug is connected in the back of the soundbar. it is easy to get disconnected....The unit does come off.. you just have to lift up on it, it sits on two tongued prongs..Easy on and off. Next check to see if the plug is connected to the power receptacle. One of these may be your problem.

Soundbar has two functions: 1) works with the television and 2) works as a bluetooth player for a music device.

To use the soundbar with the TV, ensure that your audio settings on the TV have the output set to external. This channels the sound from your TV to the soundbar. There a RCA connections on the back that make this happen

To use it as a blue tooth device, it needs to be paired. Check your device to ensure that you can see it. Make sure you are in bluetooth mode with the source button. This also applies to the mode for the TV, make sure that you are in the right source mode to operation. I think that it is input 1.

Your rig looks big in that driveway!! NICE!!!
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #4

Thanks for the compliments and thanks Iron for rundown on soundbar. Will check your suggestions out. Yes it looks big in driveway. ....didn't look that big at dealer!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

Congrats! You're going to love it! Our first trip is two weeks from now and I can't wait to get going. Yell if any questions; I've probably already made a fool of myself by asking them and can save you the trouble!

Got ours back home today, this time with the missing exhaust pipe and tip! We drove it up there for the work on Monday and FR failed to include the exhaust pipe (only sent the chrome tip) in the shipment. Pipe came in yesterday. The service guys had a fit when they saw it. Said they had already seen one the factory left the pipe off on and it went into regen mode, which put exhaust gas of about 1,500F dumping under the RV and melted a few things! Luckily we only had 1,400 miles and it hadn't hit regen yet.

Did more research on regen, though, and found out it has a minimum temperature requirement of 1,100 F before the process can start. Thus the reason it only happens at highway speeds! Legacy owners: Check those exhaust pipes!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAG View Post
Congrats! Looks great.

The soundbar mod should be the first thing you do. The factory supplied one is absolute junk. Get the Polk audio surround bar with wireless sub - sounds great!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #7

Finally got sound bar to work. Power cord was not connected to ac/DC converter and L/R Jacks were not connected to audio out of TV. Agree new soundbar would be big improvement.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #8

Congrats! Beautiful rig, have fun with all the mods and adjustments, hope you enjoy yours as much as we love ours. It will likely be hard to decide what to do first I'm sure.