Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #11

Legacy headlights

I just purchased my Legacy almost new and have the same problem. The lights only light up about 10' in front. Beyond that dark shadow and pitch dark. Cannot believe this is normal and this is coming from a newbie RV'er. Anyone that has any answer to this problem please reply.
TY

Old 11-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #12

Is this with the running lights on as well? I had to climb under my unit and readjust the driving lights and made a big difference...drove to Sturgis this past summer and many times in the dark with no problem...but in our area right now will not take out in the dark due to all the deer running.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #13

May have found problem

Dealer says maybe bad ballast for the new type of headlights. Freight liner is aware of problem and is supplying new ballast. Will let you know if it works.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #14
7 Year Class A RV'er

Any updates from anyone on this issue? More and more posts popping up with other folks having the same problem.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Any updates from anyone on this issue? More and more posts popping up with other folks having the same problem.
I keep watching all these light posts but to date I have not driven at all at night. Guess that's a good thing, but I watch every post hoping to see a solution. I keep thinking maybe we will just head out for a little night time cruise just to see. I have 12,000 miles already but no night driving.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #16

CaptRick just take it for drive at night it won't take long to realize there not enough light for safe travels
Old 11-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #17

We did several hours of night driving last month on the way from PA to Disney World and the headlight are crap, downright dangerous and forest river needs to address this.

The high beams are inadequate as well.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #18

Sure enough we traveled from Louisiana to Disney I agree with your description the dealership adjusted the lights but no improvement . I will address it once more with the dealership but I am thinking this might be a freightliner chassis issue ?
Old 11-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarchand View Post
Sure enough we traveled from Louisiana to Disney I agree with your description the dealership adjusted the lights but no improvement . I will address it once more with the dealership but I am thinking this might be a freightliner chassis issue ?
I think it will end up being a forest river issue. Freightliner only sends them a chassis/engine. All the small components such as lights ,wipers , mirrors etc... will fall under forest river.

I just had to replace a rear tail light, some of the leds were not working and had to order that through forest river.

Let me know what you find.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #20

My rear taillight is out also go figure I will keep the forum posted

Tags
light