Old 01-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
You must not travel at night much either. I will be anxious to see what your dealer comes up with. I don't plan on pursuing it, dealer would be clueless and the fog lights work pretty well. If there is some reasonable fix I may do not myself. Let us know... Standing by!
Thanks
Just spoke to my dealer and they ended up replacing the entire Passenger side headlight assembly due to a "reflector" defect? Not really sure what that means but apparently that was my issue with the headlights. Won't have it back for a another week or so due to the Selector Switch issue, but I will report back once I see if the headlights function properly.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4JJ View Post
Yes, in VA, mined passed inspection, but all they do is turn them on and off for functionality.
Not true. They are supposed to check and adjust alignment. I have had inspections where all they did was turn them on and off, but most inspections have been thorough and the alignment has been checked.

Bruce

Old 01-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #43
7 Year Class A RV'er

nomad297: That's what I was looking for. In Texas, they do check adjustment, etc. I was wondering if anyone with a Legacy had issues getting an inspection where they did that. I knew VA inspected, just didn't know how rigorous (or not) they might be. Thanks.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #44
Who Dares, Wins

Here in PA the inspection process is very rigorous.. But the mechanic can sign off on what they want so it is only as good as the mechanic really.. I would surmise other states would be the same unless the state does the inspection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #45
7 Year Class A RV'er

Information Update: For Legacy owners, just an FYI. Thanks to a very helpful young man I've found in FR's parts department, I can tell you the headlight assembly used in the Legacy is the same as used in a 2007 and later Chevy Silverado truck. This doesn't narrow it down to a single fixture as Chevy had several options, but you'll be able to recognize the one you need. Also should save you a log of $$$ if you ever need a replacement. You can also use this info to look up replacement bulbs. Hope this helps someone out there.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Old 03-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Information Update: For Legacy owners, just an FYI. Thanks to a very helpful young man I've found in FR's parts department, I can tell you the headlight assembly used in the Legacy is the same as used in a 2007 and later Chevy Silverado truck. This doesn't narrow it down to a single fixture as Chevy had several options, but you'll be able to recognize the one you need. Also should save you a log of $$$ if you ever need a replacement. You can also use this info to look up replacement bulbs. Hope this helps someone out there.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)
Wow, you are the best. One item on my to do list when we are home next is to research what year GM truck our lights fit. Done! At online places like Rock Auto, light assemblies are very reasonable.

Thanks for the post.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #47
7 Year Class A RV'er

Glad it was some help. There are also some very good prices to be found on EBay - if I remember correctly, you can buy a pair of the complete assemblies for about $170 with free shipping. FR would charge more than that just for the shipping! ��

Old 03-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #48

I had a 2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL which had the "projector beam" style headlights. The unusual thing about them was that they called out a high beam bulb(9005) to be used in the low beam projector. I made the assumption that you needed the brighter bulb to overcome the losses in the lens. Loved the way they lit up the road and won't buy a vehicle without the projector beam style headlights. Both my current cars have the HID projector beam headlights and was glad to the see the projector beam style headlights on the Legacy. FYI a 9006 low beam bulb is 1000 lumens while the 9005 is 1700 lumens.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #49
7 Year Class A RV'er

The Legacy low beam bulb is an H11. Still not sure what the reason they don't work very well is.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:56 AM   #50

The H11 is only 1250 lumens, what's the high beam bulb in the Legacy?

Tags
light