Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #21
C8dnLegacy

I have driven a lot at night and the headlights are terrible. Tonight when I turned on the porch lighting, only about a foot of the LEDs on the awning are working.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #22

I have driven a bunch at night....no problems on my unit....but I did realign the driving lights....made a big change
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
I have driven a bunch at night....no problems on my unit....but I did realign the driving lights....made a big change
The driving/fog lights are the only thing that makes it drivable at night.

Turn them off and those fancy looking BMW style projectors with the halos just don't project much light for some reason.

Seems strange to me.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:23 AM   #24

Legacy Headlights

These headlights are from Eagle Eyes. So far no one seems to have the fix yet. In the meantime I am driving practically in the dark.
drjackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #25

Legacy Headlights

I talked to FR Service rep.. He said that 9 out of 10 times it is just and adjustment and perhaps an adjustment within the frame attached to fiberglass.
He of course said he knew nothing of an issue. (Hard to believe) with as much talk of this problem. He knew nothing of Silverado replacement.
drjackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarchand View Post
My headlights do not appear to illuminate the road correctly unless I have the bright lamps on the low beams just light up about 10' in front and that is with fog lights on the bottom ? I turn the dial all the way too the right and push the switch then the brights have to be activated to have sufficient light ? Any thoughts or suggestions please !

Sylvania makes a bright white bulb. I used in my auto and helped significantly.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #27
7 Year Class A RV'er

Are there any owners out there that live in Texas, Virginia or one of the states that require periodic inspections for vehicles? I know growing up in Texas that was always one of the main issues during the annual vehicle inspection - aiming the headlights. Just wondering if those owners had their lights realigned to pass the inspection and if it helped.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #28

I am bringing my Moho in tomorrow for a Tail light ( passenger side) . And some paint work for the body due too the changing of the continuous water heater. Also the trim on the kitchen slide due too a motor not syncing and slide would not slide in all the way. But I have to say they are always willing to help. Surprisingly they know nothing of this forum ?
mmarchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarchand View Post
I am bringing my Moho in tomorrow for a Tail light ( passenger side) . And some paint work for the body due too the changing of the continuous water heater. Also the trim on the kitchen slide due too a motor not syncing and slide would not slide in all the way. But I have to say they are always willing to help. Surprisingly they know nothing of this forum ?
I was at the FR factory in Elkhart in October and they are well aware of this forum for sure.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #30

I talked to FR today about the headlights and was told there is some sort of adjustment screw on top of each light that is accessible from under coach.

Anyone play around with this yet?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:15 PM   #31

I have not needed to drive at night so I could not comment on this Headlight thread. On a trip a couple weeks ago, we had a family emergency that required an all day and night trip into Los Angeles, and wow, did I discover the headlight issue. I think I have to get out and shine a flashlight into my low beams to tell if they are on or not! When in very dark areas I kept fiddling with high beam, fog, whatever to see what actually worked. Fortunately the fog/driving lights are good as others here have reported. Also fortunately I don't plan to drive at night much so it's low on my priorities.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:34 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins

Are they sealed beams or standard reflector type lights like a car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Are they sealed beams or standard reflector type lights like a car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Reflector type light newer cars. At first I thought maybe kerosene.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #34

Forest River has informed the dealer I bought the Moho from that only two complaints have filed on the headlights ? So not a real concern for the factory? They also suggested that I could change the lights with a Chevy Silverado headlight and that might help ? Any one who has an issue needs to complain to get this issue corrected
mmarchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #35
7 Year Class A RV'er

mmarchand: I emailed Mitch W at FR last night and let him know that I had the same issue and it was a major safety concern. I also took the opportunity to address the other safety issues I've encountered since picking the coach up in April (missing exhaust system and failure/falling off of the wipers). A letter came this last week saying there was a safety recall concerning the seat belt/shoulder straps that had been issued....seems like someone at FR needs to be in charge of figuring out if their vehicles are actually safe enough to be put on the road or not!

Old 01-25-2016, 12:44 PM   #36
Who Dares, Wins

Changing to Chevy lights is an interesting approach.. I guess the mounts would be the same since this is not like Legos where you can just add and change stuff. Short of trying different bulbs (some might not be DOT legal) if the reflectors stink the lights will stink.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #37

Didn't know how bad mine were until my Christmas road trip. They were very dim and aligned mostly to the right. The dealer checked it out when I got back and they ended up ordering a whole new headlight for one of them...not sure which one or why since they still have it for a few other issues. Will let you know more and if it resolved the problem, once I get it back...right now it is probably stuck in 3 feet of snow on their lot!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
Didn't know how bad mine were until my Christmas road trip. They were very dim and aligned mostly to the right. The dealer checked it out when I got back and they ended up ordering a whole new headlight for one of them...not sure which one or why since they still have it for a few other issues. Will let you know more and if it resolved the problem, once I get it back...right now it is probably stuck in 3 feet of snow on their lot!
You must not travel at night much either. I will be anxious to see what your dealer comes up with. I don't plan on pursuing it, dealer would be clueless and the fog lights work pretty well. If there is some reasonable fix I may do not myself. Let us know... Standing by!
Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #39
7 Year Class A RV'er

Any Legacy owners out there in Texas, Virginia or any other state that requires a periodic inspection of your vehicle for safety? Just wondering how that went with these headlights......

Old 01-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #40

Yes, in VA, mined passed inspection, but all they do is turn them on and off for functionality.
W4JJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light