Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #1

Hose purpose?

Looking at the right, or passenger, side of the wet bay, there is a hose coming off of a tee-valve at the water tank. In the picture, this is the one coming off of the valve between the water tank outlet and the water pump. The other end of the hose isn't connected to anything. Is this for winterizing/disinfecting the system, adding a back-up water pump, or something else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	166913
Old 04-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #2

Hose purpose?

Yes. It’s for winterizing. Empty all the water out, unscrew the cap, insert into a jug of antifreeze, turn the pump on. Run all of your faucets, etc. Takes about two gallons.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Site Team

Winterizing hose, The unconnected end is uncapped and stuck in the antifreeze bottle and valve switched to the other direction. The water pump then draws antifreeze from the jug.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #4

Ok, since I live in So. Fla and it rarely gets below 50°, I suppose I won't be using this. Lol. I am looking for correct way to add bleach to the tank and system to disinfect. Just get creative with a funnel and adapters to pour it in to the "tank fill"?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #5

Hose purpose?

If you’re willing to spend $32 on the problem, here’s a more elegant solution.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Winteri.../dp/B0000AXQU2

You will fill this small tank up with a dilution of bleach, then hook it to your tank fill valve, then use city water pressure to push the bleach into the freshwater tank.

Obviously this can be done a dozen ways just with stuff from the hardware store as well. There’s no “right” answer, just lots of opportunities for solutions. I’d probably try making a pvc canister with valves on each end if I was going to do this very often before buying this, or as you say, just get an empty hose and pour bleach down it, then hook to the tank fill...
Old 04-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Ok, since I live in So. Fla and it rarely gets below 50°, I suppose I won't be using this. Lol. I am looking for correct way to add bleach to the tank and system to disinfect. Just get creative with a funnel and adapters to pour it in to the "tank fill"?

Pour it into your hose before you turn it on at the right amount for your tank. Then connect/insert that hose and turn it on to pour the water into the tank. In doing so, it’ll force the bleach in.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #7

Thanks, sounds like pouring it in to the hose is the easiest.