Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #1

How tall is my 2014 SR 300?

Im hoping to make an offer on a remote garage to store my RV and other items in. The realtor had a laser measure device that says the door is 12'10". The spec's say my unit is 12'3" but I've never measured. Does that take into account the AC units and TV antenna?

Any feedback/help would be great!
jhall1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

Mine is a 2015 SR340, but measurements should be the same. I just stepped out to the driveway and put a tape on it. The coach is squatted right now (and leveled) but from the ground to the top of the ladder measures 11'-4". Just judging, but I would have to say the 12'-3" includes the AC hoods and the antenna.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Mine is a 2015 SR340, but measurements should be the same. I just stepped out to the driveway and put a tape on it. The coach is squatted right now (and leveled) but from the ground to the top of the ladder measures 11'-4". Just judging, but I would have to say the 12'-3" includes the AC hoods and the antenna.
Thanks, so I'd think 12'10" should be fine, especially if I let air out of suspension before pulling in.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
Thanks, so I'd think 12'10" should be fine, especially if I let air out of suspension before pulling in.

Thanks!
As far as I know the dumping of air can only be done in conjunction of using auto levelers which won't work out of neutral.

Is there a manual dump valve that I am unaware of?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
As far as I know the dumping of air can only be done in conjunction of using auto levelers which won't work out of neutral.

On mine I have a switch just to the left of the steering wheel that dumps the air. I have to do it manually before starting the leveling process. I'm sure I should drive with it down, but if I approach garage and then dump it right before it should work.

It may not dump if not in N and it may not go into D once it's dumped; I haven't tired.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #6

You have equalizer levelers? We have a 2014 and don't think I have switch your referring to, do you have a picture?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #7

Quote:
You have equalizer levelers? We have a 2014 and don't think I have switch your referring to, do you have a picture?
OK, maybe I'm wrong because I haven't had the Legacy long, but just to the left of the steering wheel is a switch that is basically a toggle switch. It does effectively lower the coach when I put the switch in the "down" position.

The first weekend I used the Legacy, I tried to use the self leveling system and it kept telling me "Excess Slope" and wouldn't level. Heck, only one leg went down. So I called a buddy who has the same coach and he told me to dump the air first using the switch and then the leveling system worked perfectly.

Am I missing something here?
Old 12-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #8

Unless they changed the system I'm pretty sure on the 2014 we don't have a separate switch.

Maybe I'm missing something, this is news to me.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:15 PM   #9

I'll post a picture when I get home!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

There is the switch described on the 2015 Legacy. Just a toggle to the left of the steering wheel. You can level it without dumping the air (I've done it). The "excess slope" message just indicates the system couldn't find the preset level point and the hacks are all the way out. I get the same message from mine when I level in our driveway, but I checked it with a level and it's so close to level it doesn't matter. Letting the air out of the suspension just lets the step be closer to the ground. They do tell you to be very careful if you move the coach with the bags deflated as the tires can rub. Probably want to do a walk around and gave a spotter as you pull it in the first few times.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Old 12-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #11

Quote:
There is the switch described on the 2015 Legacy. Just a toggle to the left of the steering wheel. You can level it without dumping the air (I've done it). The "excess slope" message just indicates the system couldn't find the preset level point and the hacks are all the way out. I get the same message from mine when I level in our driveway, but I checked it with a level and it's so close to level it doesn't matter. Letting the air out of the suspension just lets the step be closer to the ground. They do tell you to be very careful if you move the coach with the bags deflated as the tires can rub. Probably want to do a walk around and gave a spotter as you pull it in the first few times.

Sounds like the switch I have. So it's a dual purpose switch? Leveling and dumping completely?
Old 12-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #12

Air

Quote:

Yes on my dash to the left is a dump switch that allows me to let all the air out of the bags prior to me leveling the unit
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #13

air

Quote:

I always let the air out of mine at the end of the day camping or storage...always put it back on to fill the bags and raise the unit. I put it down first prior to leveling...saves me tons of issues.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #14

ride

Here is a pic of mine lowered on the air...no need to keep the bags filled when its sitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150919_090630_resized.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	95429  
Old 12-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #15
7 Year Class A RV'er

Switch is dump only. Then you level. I try to always dump before leveling, just forget sometimes. If you dump the air after leveling, you'll want to raise the jacks and level again.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #16

Can someone post a picture of the switch? I don't think we have one.

I've been dumping air via the auto level system which dumps it all prior to the jacks moving.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er

My jacks don't dump the air - they work with or without dumping it. I can also dump the air if I just want to lower the coach when parking to get the step down a bit (no need to level). Here's a photo with a red circle around the switch.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2015 Legacy Dash.pdf (87.5 KB, 77 views)

Old 12-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #18

If it's that lever that I see through the opening in steering wheel, we definitely don't have that on our 2014.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
7 Year Class A RV'er

That's the one. Since your unit sounds like it kneels automatically with the levelers, that may be the reason you don't have one. Guess they decided to separate the two functions. I just get senile about half the time and forget to dump the air before I level, then I have to start all over. Once I dump the air, I also make sure to put the switch back in the normal position so I don't forget before I drive away. The engine is off then, while I'm leveling, so the bags stay deflated.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #20

I have a 2015 RB with the Auto/Manual switch and dump the air by moving it down to the Manual position and air up by moving it up to the auto position. Why is it labeled Auto? Does the Auto position do something else or does it simply mean the air pressure to each corner is adjusted automatically while driving?

Tags