Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #1

I saw a Legacy...

I saw a Legacy earlier today at a rest stop in Ohio, I-70 Eastbound, east of I-77. It was pulling a Mini Cooper toad. First Legacy I've seen other than my own.......

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #2

We keep looking as well !!!
skip33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

We've bumped into two others on our past trips. One at Bear Cove Resort in Pigeon Forge, TN and one at The Creeks in Cave Springs, AR.

"Conceptumator" - Orlando, FL
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #4

I've only seen one other, was in Oregon about 3 weeks ago heading North as I was heading south. We keep looking though!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #5
padcarroll

I guess we are a rare breed. I've been on the road for almost a year and I have only seen one other Legacy in Winchester, Va.
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #6

Well, maybe there is a reason not seeing too many Legacy's on the road. We purchased our's beginning of 2015 (2014 model) and has been in repair 60% of the time since we've had it. If we had to do it over again, would never purchase from Forest River..........
mgag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgag View Post
Well, maybe there is a reason not seeing too many Legacy's on the road. We purchased our's beginning of 2015 (2014 model) and has been in repair 60% of the time since we've had it. If we had to do it over again, would never purchase from Forest River..........
Sorry to hear that, we love ours. A few things I wish they had done differently like not used Schwintec on the big slide, but overall we are pleased. Since I do most of my own work it has been good. Our dealer would take 2 weeks just to air the tires I believe so I can see where you are coming from.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #8

hey hear I am...

Been all over the place this summer even though I still work FT...

1500 Miles back and forth to Michigan...

1600 miles back and forth to Nashville...

And next week 1000 islands trip...

if you see this rig wave..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3325.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	118408  
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #9

Again I say, great paint job.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:09 AM   #10

Heading up to the 1000 islands next weekend for one of the last long trips of the year....anyone up that way?
Old 08-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #11

There will be no mistaking Blacknchromehd's rig if we ever see it! We will be heading thru Nashville to Fl next month.

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #12
7 Year Class A RV'er

Nashville to Florida? We're headed TO Nashville FROM Florida at the end of September. There for about a week at KOA, then on to Little Rock. Just watch for the 360RB with a red and black Wrangler tagging behind it!

Old 08-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #13

We stayed at the KOA in Nashville and enjoyed the place ....this was 4 weeks ago
Old 08-28-2016, 06:05 PM   #14

We are staying at the Nashville KOA too. Glad to hear it's ok. Spending a few weeks at Live Oak Landing in Freeport Fl. Not sure when we will head home, may stay longer in Fl visiting relatives or may head off somewhere else. May consider Gatlinburg Tn, but might have trouble finding place to stay there in Oct without advance reservations. We have a 360 RB in same paint scheme as Blacknchromehd's, pulling a grey CRV.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #15
7 Year Class A RV'er

Nice place. Our daughter lives in Nashville and we stay at the KOA at least two weeks per year for the last six years, usually even longer than that. The remodeled pool area is really nice.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #16

Nashville KOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAG View Post
We are staying at the Nashville KOA too. Glad to hear it's ok. Spending a few weeks at Live Oak Landing in Freeport Fl. Not sure when we will head home, may stay longer in Fl visiting relatives or may head off somewhere else. May consider Gatlinburg Tn, but might have trouble finding place to stay there in Oct without advance reservations. We have a 360 RB in same paint scheme as Blacknchromehd's, pulling a grey CRV.

We loved the pool area....lots of small tree stuff coming of the trees all the time....little sticks and such...watch the squirrels ....they are all over the place...took our place mats off the table when we went inside to clean up...watched one run across the park with it...gave up...We used UBER to take us downtown...an amazing place to visit.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er

DrJAG - If you go to the Gatlinburg area, I would suggest where we always stay over in Pigeon Forge. It's called Bear Cove Village. Bear Cove Village in Pigeon Forge, TN

Really nice place, very clean and quiet, convenient location, inexpensive and great staff. Not very large, all spaces are back in and paved. The place is in a small horseshoe shaped valley. Short term campers as you come in, cabins in the back and long term in the other side of the U. Nicely sheltered. About a mile from Dollywood and just up the road from the KOA, but extremely quiet due to the valley. Bet you can get in without a problem, too.

Our 360RB is the Merlot color scheme - seems to be the only one out there! :0)

Old 09-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Sorry to hear that, we love ours. A few things I wish they had done differently like not used Schwintec on the big slide, but overall we are pleased. Since I do most of my own work it has been good. Our dealer would take 2 weeks just to air the tires I believe so I can see where you are coming from.
Oh, it was things like the ice maker was never hooked up, lead in LP tank, water heater did not work, pantry door(s) fell off as we were driving. The list is too long to post. But we are working through it.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #19

Pantry Door(s) on Legacy 2014

We have had at least one if not two pantry doors literally fall apart as we are driving down the road. I think we might be on the 4th set. But why? The rig has been back to the factory two times in the last 16 months and both times "they" said problem was resolved. Well, last week 15 miles down the road one of the panels just came apart. Does anyone else has this issue? Picture attached.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:29 PM   #20
7 Year Class A RV'er

I saw a Legacy...

No problems with cabinets. Here's what we've encountered so far (16 months and 12,000miles in):

1. Storage bay leaks: Found gaps about 3/4" wide between top of the bay "box" and bottom of the coach. Caulked them and that fixed it.

2. Nineteen of twenty one LED ceiling lights defective. Contacted manufacturer after the one year warranty period and they sent me replacements, no questions asked. Dealer was no help at all on this.

3. Exhaust system missing everything behind the DEF system. Dealer installed the parts that the factory left off. Not the first time they had seen this, but the other RV went into regen mode and melted the rear of the coach!

4. Leaking hydraulic ram on large slide. Dealer fixed.....took them six weeks!

5. Water heater not working when we picked it up. Dealer tried three times to fix it before I got the manufacturer involved. Their rep had to force the dealer to doing what he told them to do and it's worked fine since.

6. Wipers blow off side of windshield above 60 mph. Dealer can't fix it, FR won't address the safety issue. Spent $80 to replace the OEM blades that were destroyed when the two wipers jammed under one another (both left loose at the factory!). Just spent another $60 to get 28" blades to see if that allows the wipers to stay on the windshield. Will know how it works on my next trip in three weeks.

7. Low beam headlights are useless. High beams are great, but I gave to turn on the fog lights to see if I need to drive after dark. Another safety issue that FR apparently doesn't care about.

8. In-dash sound system and ?GPS is useless piece of junk. Only use it for the cameras.

That's pretty much it. Love the coach, just a bit upset about the dealer being a real loser and FR not being concerned about safety issues that would normally force a recall. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)