Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2019, 09:57 PM   #1

Just Purchased a New Legacy

Made the move Easter weekend to trade my Sunseeker Class C in for a Legacy SR340 34A. Pleased with the significant reduction in noise and the smoother ride. Got a good price for a new 2018 model with washer and dryer and
electric bunk in front. Dealer is installing steering stabilizer.

Looking forward to delivery next week. Expecting information overload during the pre-delivery orientation. This is my first diesel.

Wife wants to replace sleeper sofa with two recliners. Not sure if that is something I can do myself.

My only complaint with the vehicle is that the tilt steering wheel will not lower sufficiently for me to read the digital read out on the dashboard.
North Carolina Mountains
scfishnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #2

Congratulations.
I posted a series of items I either changed, improved or just noted on mine since I got it.
Maybe some of them will help you on the inspection before delivery and they can fix it before you take delivery, as I either end up fixing it myself or still there.

Also what I did to the instrument cluster. It was so annoying I had to do something fast.

legacy-compare-notes-1-thru-10

Happy travels.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #3

I purchased new a year ago in February (Model 34A with the sleeper). Had one major issue and several little ones. The major issue: the transmission dash board light kept coming on and pooping off when I turned the coach off. I would lose power when the indicator light was on. Brought it in to Freightliner and after several months in the shop (yes 7+ weeks) they told me they could not fix it. They cleared the codes and could not get it to repeat. Before they cleared the codes, they were able to get the transmission light to pop on. They said the TCM and ECM are on opposite ends of the coach (Transmission and Electronic) control modules and there is some kind of communication issue between them. Said the transmission was ok, and the loss in power was just a safety precaution built into the control system. The wardrobe slide also got stuck one time. Had to manually push it in so I could get back on the road. That miraculously fixed itself as well. Also lost the nav system (it just disappeared from the dash options screen) and the bunk lift stopped working. This needed to be fixed and was under warranty. Said something electrical must have happened. Despite these issues, I hope everything is behind us. I share the same issue on tilting the steering wheel as it does not go far enough. I also get a low voltage indication after several weeks in storage. I store this in a garage plugged into a 20 AMP circuit. Incidentally, the Forest River warranty group is awesome. They respond quickly to emails and phone messages. Overall, very pleased with the coach and have had many good times with it.
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote