Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #1

Left over 2014 KP Why or Why not?

I have been lurking on here for sometime gathering some great info. Now after all the research I believe we have found what makes sense to us (DW and I). We have found and contracted 2014 Sr300 new never titled and wanted to know of any problems we should be looking for. After looking and test driving a 2015 and liking it very much, just wanted to make sure we are just as happy with the 2014 before we seal this deal.
KP Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP Kidd View Post
I have been lurking on here for sometime gathering some great info. Now after all the research I believe we have found what makes sense to us (DW and I). We have found and contracted 2014 Sr300 new never titled and wanted to know of any problems we should be looking for. After looking and test driving a 2015 and liking it very much, just wanted to make sure we are just as happy with the 2014 before we seal this deal.
No major differences that I am aware of. You will have 300 HP rather than 340, but similar torque. Ours is an "early" 2015 and is in fact 300 horse. Didn't know that until we got it, however, pulling our wrangler, no issues and we have some major grades in and out of east San Diego. Appliances all the same, chassis all the same. Look on the mods and upgrades thread you can see some cool things folks have done. If the price is right I would go for it if there is no storage sun damage or anything like that. Once you get it, might consider oil change for big and little engine since they are over a year old. Remember your tires are 2 years old already, if you are going to travel a lot, maybe not an issue, but that might help leverage your price negotiations. That's my two cents, hope that helps.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #3

Captnrick thanks for your input, very much appreciated. We should take delivery on Tuesday and start with some mods shortly there after. Have a few ideas such as keyless entry and cabinet mods to allow for linens. Will post pictures on mod thread when complete. Just hoping I can make mine as nice as some of the others, including yours.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Captnrick thanks for your input, very much appreciated. We should take delivery on Tuesday and start with some mods shortly there after. Have a few ideas such as keyless entry and cabinet mods to allow for linens. Will post pictures on mod thread when complete. Just hoping I can make mine as nice as some of the others, including yours.
Keyless entry is a great idea, have you found one compatible with. Our existing lock?

What were you planning on doing for the cabinet mod? This was one short coming when they designed the coach, could use one more cabinet in bathroom.

Congrats on the purchase!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
That is exciting, hope you are as happy with yours as we are with ours. I am intrigued by the idea of keyless entry, love to hear more about that.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
C8dnLegacy

Congratulations! Let us know about keyless entry.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #7

I have been searching for keyless entry system. The 2014 has the bi fold doors with laundry in center. My plan is to rework this area so the far left side will become hamper on bottom with linen above. May also rework doors so it is easier to access as needed.

Tags