Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 3
Legacy

We are looking to maybe buying a Legacy 34A. We have Georgetown 337 now and was wondering what the pros and cons are to go with the Legacy or stay with the Georgetowns. Look forward to your answers. Thanks.
__________________

namvet69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
Lacey's Spring, AL
 
formerFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lacey's Spring, AL
Posts: 2,230
we did the same, from a XL360DS Georgetown to a 33.3 Palazzo(basically identical to the Legacy models from FR)...

Diesel is the big difference, along with a more robust 'full coach' battery/Inverter system, front Generator, single entry step, air bags, no 'dog house', no driver noise, etc...

while I enjoyed our Georgetown, and didn't really want to go with a diesel since I knew little about them, my wife 'convinced' me to go along with her desire for the Palazzo - she was right, and I wouldn't go back to a gas unit after several years and 80,000 miles with this powerful smooth riding and economical 12mpg diesel!
__________________

__________________

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx,
100,000+mi since '14, US, Alaska, Canada, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
we did the same, from a XL360DS Georgetown to a 33.3 Palazzo(basically identical to the Legacy models from FR)...

Diesel is the big difference, along with a more robust 'full coach' battery/Inverter system, front Generator, single entry step, air bags, no 'dog house', no driver noise, etc...

while I enjoyed our Georgetown, and didn't really want to go with a diesel since I knew little about them, my wife 'convinced' me to go along with her desire for the Palazzo - she was right, and I wouldn't go back to a gas unit after several years and 80,000 miles with this powerful smooth riding and economical 12mpg diesel!


I really like the appearance of the Palazzos but have read many horror stories. Mostly about the plumbing, furniture, cabinets and sloppy build.

For my purposes the door aft of the cockpit is a big plus.

Have you experienced many build problems?
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Lacey's Spring, AL
 
formerFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lacey's Spring, AL
Posts: 2,230
I think you'll find many, many Palazzo and Legacy owners that are quite happy, and have not experienced what you have 'read' about.... talk is cheap, but experience owning one is a different story all together, any coach, and I mean any, is apt to have issues - I have delivered many different makes and brands from the factories and have had some issue with every single one. I'm not going to say anything negative about anyone or manufacture in particular, but even the 'big boys' of the industry have issues.

Also, after having delivered many front entry 'bus' style door coaches, I reiterate my desire and enjoyment of the mid-entry door placement!

I do like the Legacys, as they're almost identical to the Palazzo, FR just has not sold nearly as many as Thor has sold Palazzos, so you'll hear more stories about one over the other... but, all in all, Forest River does a nice job.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I think you'll find many, many Palazzo and Legacy owners that are quite happy, and have not experienced what you have 'read' about.... talk is cheap, but experience owning one is a different story all together, any coach, and I mean any, is apt to have issues - I have delivered many different makes and brands from the factories and have had some issue with every single one. I'm not going to say anything negative about anyone or manufacture in particular, but even the 'big boys' of the industry have issues.

Also, after having delivered many front entry 'bus' style door coaches, I reiterate my desire and enjoyment of the mid-entry door placement!

I do like the Legacys, as they're almost identical to the Palazzo, FR just has not sold nearly as many as Thor has sold Palazzos, so you'll hear more stories about one over the other... but, all in all, Forest River does a nice job.


Thanks for your response.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #6
Member
 
jvenditte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
We are looking to maybe buying a Legacy 34A. We have Georgetown 337 now and was wondering what the pros and cons are to go with the Legacy or stay with the Georgetowns. Look forward to your answers. Thanks.
We just purchased a new 2018 Legacy, model 34A. Got it in Tampa Florida, spent 6 evenings in it driving back to Texas. We are very pleased. This was our first experience in ownership!
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
TKN 516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 132
Congrats on your purchase! Donít forget to check out this forum to see what others have done to theirs!
There are tons of great ideas and pictures on here...
Best of luck!
__________________
Tim & Nicole
2018 Legacy 38C
2015 Jeep Rubicon TOAD
TKN 516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
Member
 
jvenditte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks!
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:04 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
DieselDude916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 29
We just bought a 38c Legacy coming from a 2014 Allegro 35QBA. All I can say is wow! We should have brought a diesel pusher sooner. The ride and stability is night and day from the Ford chassis. And the brakes actually stop you in a safe distance. The power is different but similar. We slowed to 40mph climbing the grape vine where our v-10 was down to 35ish.
__________________

DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.