Old 01-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #71

Sounds about right. I love the Legacy and live FR. You get so much for the money. I am happy to here that you are getting it weighed so many don't and it's a important for safety and long tire life. I found I was able to lower the tire pressure and improve the ride. Good luck and safe travels.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Sounds about right. I love the Legacy and live FR. You get so much for the money. I am happy to here that you are getting it weighed so many don't and it's a important for safety and long tire life. I found I was able to lower the tire pressure and improve the ride. Good luck and safe travels.
We are very happy with the Legacy so far. Only reason we didn't do the Berkshire bunkhouse was the long wheelbase would have given me issues with my driveway apron. It goes uphill from street across sidewalk and driveway goes down hill pretty quickly. Would have bottomed out somewhere in the mid point. I can barely get the Legacy in!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #73

Storing it at home is great. We pay 100 a month for inside storage. Gets old. We are leaving Tuesday for FL. We plan to stay until March. Can't wait to get going.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Storing it at home is great. We pay 100 a month for inside storage. Gets old. We are leaving Tuesday for FL. We plan to stay until March. Can't wait to get going.
Im in the same boat. I only bring it to the house when getting ready for trip. We decided on inside storage and in the northeast here it is going to cost be $250 but includes electric, discounted on site diesel,dumping and a few other amenities.

We plan on building a garage for it at some point. $250 a month is gonna get old fast!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:07 PM   #75

Need an opinion on when I go to get weighed.

I'm all loaded up but my coach is winterized. My freshwater tanks are in front rear axel and tank goes completely across. Can I get away with taking 50% of my capacity 42 gallons and multiply it by 8.3 and add the total to rear axel weight? Really don't want to de winterize.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Need an opinion on when I go to get weighed.

I'm all loaded up but my coach is winterized. My freshwater tanks are in front rear axel and tank goes completely across. Can I get away with taking 50% of my capacity 42 gallons and multiply it by 8.3 and add the total to rear axel weight? Really don't want to de winterize.
Any thoughts on this?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #77

You say you are winterized but don't want to get winterized, not sure what you mean here sorry
Old 01-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilegacy View Post
You say you are winterized but don't want to get winterized, not sure what you mean here sorry
What I was trying to say was de-winterized. Ideally it would be nice to not have to pump the pink stuff out of the coach just to weigh. The only weight I can't acct for would be the fresh. The tanks are literally right in front of rear axel with the main portion of tank on each side in storage bay, looks slightly segmented in middle to minimize sloshing side to side. Would it be close enough to add say 350-400 lbs to rear axel weight and split that between each wheel weight? We would probably never travel with more the 40 gallons of water or 50% capacity.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #79

Looks like the Legacy has an 84 gallon fresh water tank. Water, at about 8.3 lbs per gallon would add about 697 lbs of weight if you filled the tank. That would be about 348 lbs if you travelled with the tank half full. You could add that to the axle weight and you should be fairly close.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Looks like the Legacy has an 84 gallon fresh water tank. Water, at about 8.3 lbs per gallon would add about 697 lbs of weight if you filled the tank. That would be about 348 lbs if you travelled with the tank half full. You could add that to the axle weight and you should be fairly close.
I figured it ought to be close enough. It seems like my loads are never completely static (same amt or location) and vary slightly. Try to keep them the same if possible just not realistic to accomplish this every time out!

« - | New Legacy SR 300 »