Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #1

Legacy: Compare notes 1 thru 10

Hello Legacy owners, got me one of those last Nov and I've been tinkering with it ever since and so far made some nice changes and additions but would like to compare notes.

1- Changing the dashboard layout (huge improvement in the view and driving comfort) see Peekaboo post in this forum.

Another MAJOR improvement, I mean HUGE, was to add a Roadmaster stabilizer bar in the rear. The best money I have spent on my coach, now it drives like a car even when a big truck passes by or a gust of wind get you on the sides. Now DW can drive it with ease.

2- Trying to figure out how the headlights works. The book is a bit messy.
a- Head lights wont come on till ignition is on...
b- Flashing the brights is backwards, I mean, pulling the stock up, it only flashes the LOW beam if it is in high beam brights. All my cars will do that only if it is in LOW beam.
It would be nice to have it fix but don't know how yet.

3- Does the Cruise control have more power then the accelerator pedal?
Lest say I set cruise to 70MPH, tap the breaks to turn it off, slow to 50MPH behind a truck. press pedal full to pass the truck, it starts to speed up slow. hit the "Resume" button on the cruise... the coach takes off much faster.

4- "Pilot" navigation, does it eat words when giving out instructions? Do you trust it? Google maps seems to do a good job in live traffic but Pilot is more accurate in the travel time. My biggest fears are:
a- Low bridge ahead no way to turn around.
b- Narrow road that I cant make a U-turn pulling a toad,
c- weight limited road.
Pilot already tried to sent me down on narrow roads twice and once on a weight limited road. I hope to never face a low bridge.

5- Power Disconnect button by the door, what is it for? I assume it is to power down on extended stay away. Got me a very low battery in 3 days.
I was told it should keep on all programmable devices like the oven (clock), HDMI switch settings, and such. Well, mine seems to turns off everything but something stay ON to drain the battery and I cant figure out what that is, Forest River have no Schematic Diagram of end points, just the harness wiring diagram and that is useless to track what is connected to what and where.

6- Can you use the AC outlet on the bedroom the one in the back towards the bathroom. The "Nightstand" covers it that nothing can be plugged into the outlet. Even if I move it a few inches to clear, it would be a disaster waiting to happen if I forget to unplug before I close the bed slide, it would bust anything plugged in there.

7- Can you play DVD in the buck beds TVs? The only signal going there is the OverTheAir and cable when is connected.

8- I find the accelerator pedal very hard, I have to use the Cruise all the time as I leg gets tired real fast.

9- Generator auto start on low battery or AC.. It seems like it only does that once. It does not keep the setting.
Yet to figure out how to make the setting to stick.

10- When to use "Suspension Air" lower or auto?

That is it for now, There is more.. but will do that on another post.

Safe travels

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #2

Hey Sergio,
Thanks for replying.
1. I agree on the gas pedal strange angle. If you put the seat closer tothe steering wheel it helps.
Booboo33 is offline   Reply With Quote