Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #1

Legacy Kitchen Sink Drain Hose

Does anyone have the problem like I am having with the Grey 1.5" Kitchen Sink Drain Hose that goes down to the grey tank kinking up when the large slide is pushed in. Then of course the water has no where to go when you use the kitchen sink. However, when slide is out the grey hose extends with the slide going out and kink is taken out.
This doesn't seem right and seems that FR didn't place a long enough hose.
Thanks
drjackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #2

Yes, mine is kinked too. I've added that to the list of fix myself since my dealer won't even order some minor parts from FR that FR rep already said they would provide upon dealer request.
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #3

Longer hose

Aeroshot do you think a longer hose will fix the problem? Right now it looks like a grey hose that is used with pool vacuum hose. Maybe try different type of hose? Thanks
drjackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #4

I've been dealing with other issues on the coach and haven't gotten back to this one.
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
Yes, mine is kinked too. I've added that to the list of fix myself since my dealer won't even order some minor parts from FR that FR rep already said they would provide upon dealer request.
Funny that we would have the same dealer, you on the east coast, me on the west. Anyway, I just went out and took a look at my sink hose with the slide in, looks fine. I wonder if those that are kinking might just have a twist in them in the wrong spot. That hose really does not seem to move all that much when moving the slide.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjackmac View Post
Does anyone have the problem like I am having with the Grey 1.5" Kitchen Sink Drain Hose that goes down to the grey tank kinking up when the large slide is pushed in. Then of course the water has no where to go when you use the kitchen sink. However, when slide is out the grey hose extends with the slide going out and kink is taken out.
This doesn't seem right and seems that FR didn't place a long enough hose.
Thanks
See what you started, I didn't think mine was kinked but I could not see it well. Got a mirror and flashlight and sure enough, my hose is kinked in the same spot. Must be draining just enough so we did not notice. I am starting the process of changing out my Girard water heater to the Gen III unit, while I am at it tomorrow, that hose is coming off. Picked up about 7' of 1 1/2" hose today at Home Depot, maybe I can come up with a slightly different routing that will not kink. Does not look all that difficult. I don't believe the hose is too short, just routed weird maybe. If left alone, I am sure that hose would fail soon from being forced into a kink like that.
Thanks for posting saving us all from a potential messy gray water issue down the road.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
Dealer fix...
Old 04-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #8

Okay, who tries to securely attack ribbed hose with a flat hose clamp? My hose was kinked also and leaked. Yes, it was also kinked. First of all, should use a double wire clamp and or a hose that has a straight clamping area.
necasperaterrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by necasperaterrent View Post
Okay, who tries to securely attack ribbed hose with a flat hose clamp? My hose was kinked also and leaked. Yes, it was also kinked. First of all, should use a double wire clamp and or a hose that has a straight clamping area.
Very true. I looked all over for double wire clamps but could not find any and didn't want to wait for on line delivery. I got some slightly softer hose I found at Home Depot that appears to bend a smaller radius without kinking. I coated the ends with pipe thread sealant to prevent weeping and relocated all the supporting clamps to allow for more hose movement without making such a tight bend. Looks like the softer hose did OK with flat clamps, however I'll order some double wire clamps to have on hand just in case.

Tags
drain