Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #321

Drawers under the dinette seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Drawers under the dinette seats was a mod we discussed months before we even decided to buy a Legacy and I have not given up. However like you say, with the way the faux leather upholstery is done, not easy. We are off on a one week adventure with some friends who are good at engineering, a good campfire discussion for sure.

Just did it, got a little tired of removing the crushing to get to things under there. We built the drawers the full length of the seats and as wide we could make them. The left side came out a bit narrower because of the seat belt anchors but plenty of space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette.png
Views:	199
Size:	651.8 KB
ID:	215917

Name:	dinette-1.png
Views:	203
Size:	708.0 KB
ID:	215918

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #322

Nicely done
Old 03-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Yeah, what started as shopping for tires, a sofa and possibly new captains chairs for more comfort turned into my wife saying would we be happier just getting a new coach, lol!

My Magna Shades are still available if anyone is considering them.
I still have the Magna Shades from when we traded the coach in the fall, if anyone is interested in them.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:53 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
I still have the Magna Shades from when we traded the coach in the fall, if anyone is interested in them.
Just learning about all this stuff now. Buying a 2018 legacy 340BH, will the manga shade fit that? Don’t really know anything about them so want to research but they seem to have good reviews.
Favfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:19 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favfour View Post
Just learning about all this stuff now. Buying a 2018 legacy 340BH, will the manga shade fit that? Don’t really know anything about them so want to research but they seem to have good reviews.
Looking at the pictures the windows appear to look the same. These were about $1100 so they are are bargain for what I’m letting them go for.

They do make a big difference.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #326
Dano

Dash Switches Moved

Well, finally couldn't stand the death reach to the windshield wiper switch, especially residing and traveling in the not-so-dry Pacific Northwest. Along with three other switches you reach for while driving: front shade; fan; and engine brake. Moved them from the front dash panel to the driver's side panel where the leveling control pad is (notice the USB port plug to the right). And moved the leveling control pad to the front dash panel. Don't know what FR was thinking. Put them on the wheel!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SwitchPanel_New.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	307.6 KB
ID:	225193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveling_New.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	225194  
dmwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:20 PM   #327

Smile Buttons out of reach

I love it, looks great. Did you have to splice in extra wire?
necasperaterrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #328
Dano

Yes. All the wires to the back of the dash were in looms. So rather than pull them apart, I spliced and routed them from behind the dash panel, above the steering column, into the hole in the front end of the driver's side panel. Same with the leveling control panel (two wires). It's in the loom with the trans wiring, so I spliced it in and routed it to the front dash panel. It's about 5 feet between the two points.
dmwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrob View Post
Here are the pics about attaching the sweep and where it works best.
Attachment 77229Attachment 77230

Did you drill the holes for the D-ring? I don’t have holes in the frame where you connected. I was thinking about the mount on the bolt that is about a foot fwd in the pic. Just ordered mine today, probably should have looked at the RV before ordering. :-)
Favfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications