Old 03-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrob View Post
I have ordered an air hose and a adjustable regulator with an air chuck as well. Where do you store the hose? in the basement or did you create a mount next to the generator?
I've been storing it in the front drivers side bay with the circuit breakers. There is some room there and all I keep in there are spare fuses and the air hose/chuck/gauge etc....

Old 03-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #42

Good spot. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
I've been storing it in the front drivers side bay with the circuit breakers. There is some room there and all I keep in there are spare fuses and the air hose/chuck/gauge etc....

" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Good spot. Thanks for the tip.
Just wondering if you have determined where you plan to install the central vac canister and where in the coach are you putting the plug?

Time for me to start mapping this out.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #44

Legacy mods and improvements

I called a good while ago and talked to the factory about the install of the central vac and wanted to check if there are any running wires in the location that I was targeting for the installation. I want to install the central vac into the side wall of the entry step. I found this video on YouTube and sent it to them. They verified that this the same vacuums that are installed in the Charlestons in pretty much the same location. There is a plug that is already there in the storage bay right next to the entry door (pass through). Im going to mount it on the wall on the top so that I can keep the storage and it is out of the way and does not inhibit the slide shelf on the top.
The unit is all self contained. The only hole that is needed is for the hose connection for the inside of the coach. Here is the link that I sent:

Camping world offered to install it for 420.00 including the unit. I'm pondering it cause they have lifetime guarantee on the install and I would be cutting into my RV. Makes me a bit nervous. Just a thought.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #45

Quote:
I called a good while ago and talked to the factory about the install of the central vac and wanted to check if there are any running wires in the location that I was targeting for the installation. I want to install the central vac into the side wall of the entry step. I found this video on YouTube and sent it to them. They verified that this the same vacuums that are installed in the Charlestons in pretty much the same location. There is a plug that is already there in the storage bay right next to the entry door (pass through). Im going to mount it on the wall on the top so that I can keep the storage and it is out of the way and does not inhibit the slide shelf on the top.
The unit is all self contained. The only hole that is needed is for the hose connection for the inside of the coach. Here is the link that I sent:

Camping world offered to install it for 420.00 including the unit. I'm pondering it cause they have lifetime guarantee on the install and I would be cutting into my RV. Makes me a bit nervous. Just a thought.
Doesn't look like a very difficult install as only one whole needs to be drilled/cut. I was kind of wondering if it would fit in the bay with the water pump mounted off the floor in case it were to get wet, wasted space in there. Your idea of mounting to wall or ceiling isn't bad either.

I hear you about being nervous cutting a whole in the wall. I will say that I have very little trust with most service departments anymore. I've seen some shady things first hand and poor communication regarding fixes.

At least if I do the work I know exactly what was done and if a problem arises I will find a suitable repair.

I want to see some pics when you install it.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #46

psw/Irob, what kind of air hose and chuck did you buy? This is a new feature for me so I don't know anything about them.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
psw/Irob, what kind of air hose and chuck did you buy? This is a new feature for me so I don't know anything about them.
You can really use any air Jose with quick connects and is rated for at least 130psi. Mine is a smaller inside diameter maybe 1/4 or 3/8 and roils up nice and small.

You can add a whip with adjustable regulator and gauge if you want or just use you tpms system for the pressure reading.

The chuck needs to be a long neck reversible head.

Really simple to put together, can pretty much buy everything from Home Depot or harbor freight, get a good chuck though.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #48

Legacy mods and improvements

I ordered mine from Amazon for the air hose and chuck. But I also ordered an air hose regulator from Eastwood.

Here is skinny on what I have:

Air hose:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Air Chuck:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Digital Air Pressure Regulator:
1/4" Digital Regulator - Air Pressure Regulator - Digital Pressure Gauge - Eastwood

I bought the regulator so that I can use inline with the air chuck for two reasons:
1. I can control the amount of air that I put in the coach and the toad. (so I dont overfill)
2. When you winterize, the pressure from the air hose connection cannot exceed 40psi. I can use the regulator to control that so I dont blow up my lines. I did not have the setup for this winterization, but I do now so I will not have to pay to get it done.

I will send a pic of the configuration so that you can see.

Hope this helps.
LRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
Old 03-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #49

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425910595.831071.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	71002
Old 03-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #50

I'm going to install a screen grille that I ordered a few months ago as another mod. Kids like to push on the screen and I don't want a breakthrough.
Here it is:
http://www.dyersonline.com/camco-bla...oor-grill.html

Tags
modifications