Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by foretm View Post
I wonder if you could piggy back on the outside light wiring and fish a wire in the wall from the light down to the handle? Anyone attempt that?
I'm going to research that approach a bit, or look in the lower area. The small interior step light is pretty close to the wall. I might even make a piece of matching molding and bury a wire in it. Did a similar thing for my CB coax and it looks nice.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #82

No more little green propane bottles! Anyone using this?

So, I am still shopping since my RV hasn't come in yet! I found this product and will order today! Imagine no more little green propane bottles since you can just tap right into the onboard propane tank for outside cooking! Amazon.com: Camco 59103 Propane Brass Tee with 3 Port and 12' Hose: Automotive
What do you think?
Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #83

Polk soundbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
The Polk soundbar is amazing and this in my opinion is a must do mod if you like music and movies.

I tried to squeeze it under the sofa but couldn't quite get in in the opening with seat lifted, it will fit under there though.

Second idea was under dinette but no good source for power nearby.

We settled on right next to sofa behind passenger seat tucked in corner. Out of way and doesn't slide aft because of sofa or forward with rubber feet on it. Power outlet right there as well.

Fyi... If you need more power in the cockpit for accessories forest river is putting dual USB ports in the dash of the 2015's. Our dealer gave me one for free when coach was in for service last month.
IROB/PSW,
What model sound bar did you buy? The one I'm looking at has a wireless sub woofer that wouldn't require a power supply. It's the 5500. Is the one you ordered a slimmer design that fits better?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
So, I am still shopping since my RV hasn't come in yet! I found this product and will order today! Imagine no more little green propane bottles since you can just tap right into the onboard propane tank for outside cooking! Amazon.com: Camco 59103 Propane Brass Tee with 3 Port and 12' Hose: Automotive
What do you think?
I have used these before on other rigs, they work great if you don't want to deal with an extra portable tank.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #85

Haven't checked it out yet, but I will build some support up if need be to mount it to. It should not be that hard at first glance. Its my next project after the central vac install. On hold from this weekend as we got more snow on Sat. Ugh!

Quote:
What are you all planning to mount the hinge to? Is there any solid wood in the side paneling? Upon first glance it seemed sort of flimsy to support that much weight.
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #86

Polk 5500. You can get it delivered from Bonanza for about 250.00. Looking at it, pretty straight forward and should a very easy swap..everything you need is in the box.

Quote:
IROB/PSW,
What model sound bar did you buy? The one I'm looking at has a wireless sub woofer that wouldn't require a power supply. It's the 5500. Is the one you ordered a slimmer design that fits better?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:44 AM   #87

you are going to be hard pressed to find a sub that is wireless that does not require a power supply. The 5500 has a power cord...

Quote:
IROB/PSW,
Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 AM   #88

Quote:
IROB/PSW,
I have the Polk 5000 and had no issues at all with it fitting. system sounds great with music and tv and subwoofer can put out some pretty good low end sound.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #89

Where did you get the chain from and what size did you get? Mine just came in the mail and I got 2 locking D rings and a bracket (which I assume I don't need to attach it to the coach). What size rings and how many did you have to swap out to get it to work?

Quote:
The wheels are Alcoa polished aluminum wheels. Got rid of the junk simulators.

I installed the rock guard myself. It wasn't difficult just a bit of trial and error initially to get the correct size rings and amount of chain to hang and have around 5-5.5 inches clearance off road when suspension is aired up.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrob View Post
you are going to be hard pressed to find a sub that is wireless that does not require a power supply. The 5500 has a power cord...
Yep, that makes sense....not sure what I thought would power it! Batteries? Ha Ha! Yes, I'm a woman, usually extremely detailed but I blew that one! I know a lot more about RVs than sound systems! So really it sounds like the 5000 or 5500 will work fine as a replacement.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #91

Quote:
Where did you get the chain from and what size did you get? Mine just came in the mail and I got 2 locking D rings and a bracket (which I assume I don't need to attach it to the coach). What size rings and how many did you have to swap out to get it to work?
I got the chain from Lowes. I bought a couple different sizes of chain and rings, this was the hardest part of the install and Trying to find a good medium of clearance from the road on the bottom and exhaust on the top took several attempts.

Find a combo that gives you say 4 inches off road and a couple inches from exhaust and take it for a spin. The flap may drag slightly when transitioning from flat to a steep incline, all coaches have this issue as you see they wear on the bottom a bit. When backing into my driveway apron I wrap a bungee cord around the center of the flap and pull it up out of the way by wrapping it around my tow bar where it inserts into receiver. It comes up almost horizontal to ground level. I have a steep driveway apron.

Hope this helps, it's a bit of trial and error until you find the sweetspot!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #92

Thanks for the information.. This is helpful.. I called and talked with Future Sales and all they gave me was that they included the 2 D-ring setup as the OEM setup. In other words, what you have is good enough. Based on what you said, that is not necessarily the case as you had to use augmentation to help get the clearance right. Quick question: How off was the sweep when you just installed it with the provided hardware that came with it? What was the height/clearance? trying to get a starting point to go shopping and get some gear to help with the installation instead of running back and forth multiple times.

Quote:
I got the chain from Lowes. I bought a couple different sizes of chain and rings, this was the hardest part of the install and Trying to find a good medium of clearance from the road on the bottom and exhaust on the top took several attempts.

Find a combo that gives you say 4 inches off road and a couple inches from exhaust and take it for a spin. The flap may drag slightly when transitioning from flat to a steep incline, all coaches have this issue as you see they wear on the bottom a bit. When backing into my driveway apron I wrap a bungee cord around the center of the flap and pull it up out of the way by wrapping it around my tow bar where it inserts into receiver. It comes up almost horizontal to ground level. I have a steep driveway apron.

Hope this helps, it's a bit of trial and error until you find the sweetspot!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #93

Working on my next mod in the queue. Either a Tru Center Steering control or Safe T Plus. Talking with the factory and awaiting some questions to get answered before I push the button to get it done. Will decide this week as I take my rig into the dealer next week for some warranty work and will have them do the install then.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #94

No worries. I think I knew what you meant. You did not want wires coming out of the SB to the sub. Deal breaker. 5500 looks legit. I will let you know about the install as Im going to do it on Friday (weather permitting--all looks good for now).

Quote:
Yep, that makes sense....not sure what I thought would power it! Batteries? Ha Ha! Yes, I'm a woman, usually extremely detailed but I blew that one! I know a lot more about RVs than sound systems! So really it sounds like the 5000 or 5500 will work fine as a replacement.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #95

Just finished an upgrade today, rebuilt my entertainment center from a pile of electronic boxes to something decent. Put in switches for all the 110v components so they can be turned off when dry camping and AB switches for the remote (basement) coax so that can be used for cable or remote satellite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entertainment.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	72273  
Old 03-27-2015, 12:30 AM   #96

CB installed a couple days ago. I know few use them frequently but we travel with friends and we enjoy communicating on the road.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150321_184747.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	72274   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150323_111919.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	72275  
Old 03-27-2015, 12:37 AM   #97

Last week installed a hot water by-pass. Used a 12v solenoid valve, installed a push button in the bathroom. Plumbed from the bathroom hot water line to tank fill. A 13 second push of the button preheats water in the line from the water heater to the bathroom. Saves 1/2 gallon every time it is used. We dry camp at bluegrass festivals, have done this on all our rigs over the last 30 years or so. Pic is the solenoid in the wet bay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150321_142613.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	72276  
Old 03-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #98

That looks sweet! I'm glad that you did something that looks so good. Im going to copy that idea. Great way to get organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Just finished an upgrade today, rebuilt my entertainment center from a pile of electronic boxes to something decent. Put in switches for all the 110v components so they can be turned off when dry camping and AB switches for the remote (basement) coax so that can be used for cable or remote satellite.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #99

Quote:
Working on my next mod in the queue. Either a Tru Center Steering control or Safe T Plus. Talking with the factory and awaiting some questions to get answered before I push the button to get it done. Will decide this week as I take my rig into the dealer next week for some warranty work and will have them do the install then.
I put a Safe t Plus on my last 2 (30ft Class C, 36 ft Class A) and I swear it made all the difference in the world in the handling! Of course, they were both on very different chassis'. On my Tiffin Class A (on Ford F-53) I also put a Super Steer Rear Trac and it really settled it down since it had a tendency to roll left and right. I was hoping the Legacy wouldn't need $2500 more in chassis mods!! Do you feel like it needs a steering stabilizer for drivability or are you considering it more for "safety" in case of blow outs, etc.?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Last week installed a hot water by-pass. Used a 12v solenoid valve, installed a push button in the bathroom. Plumbed from the bathroom hot water line to tank fill. A 13 second push of the button preheats water in the line from the water heater to the bathroom. Saves 1/2 gallon every time it is used. We dry camp at bluegrass festivals, have done this on all our rigs over the last 30 years or so. Pic is the solenoid in the wet bay.
Don't you have a Girard tankless HWH on your Legacy? So this mod would keep you from wasting water waiting for the heated water to get to the shower head?

Tags
modifications