Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #1

Legacy mods and improvements

thought I would start a thread where we could show mods and improvements to our coaches.

I'll start with the Aluminum wheels with tst 507 flow through tpms - works great and looks like a million bucks!

Forest River Mud Flap dresses up her rear end! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2289.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	69934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	69935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0403.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	381.1 KB
ID:	69936   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2295.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	69937  
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #2

Beautiful rig. I am drooling over your wheels. Where did you get the Forest River rock guard. Does it help keep the tow cleaner?
Old 02-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #3

Upgrades

My upgrades in the works are solar power (design almost done, panels should be available by April), satellite antenna. More to come as time permits.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Beautiful rig. I am drooling over your wheels. Where did you get the Forest River rock guard. Does it help keep the tow cleaner?
Thanks. My little girls like looking at themselves in the wheels, like mirrors!

The rock guard I got from futuresalesrv online. Kind of pricey but it is heavy duty. Definitely minimizes debris and I have confidence it would prevent major damage from a large object like a truck tire blowout on the highway. Seems to reduce road spray on the back of coach and toad as well.

Some other things I have done are add storage shelving to def compartment, holds extra def jugs and wheel chocks. Added a 15 foot coil exterior shower hose, paper towel holder and soap dispenser to wet bay.

Added a nice polk audio sound bar and wireless sub to dinette area, what a difference. It has Bluetooth for music as well. Can really crank it up now! Lol!

Trying to think what else I've done..... It's endless but fun
Old 02-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #5

Can u send pic of ur def bay improvements? I love the mud flap, looks great! We made improvements on the inside... A flip up shelf in the cabinet above the sink so we can brush our teeth easier! We also redid the shelves in the hall cabinet. Now the do not fall !
PFurlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFurlow View Post
Can u send pic of ur def bay improvements? I love the mud flap, looks great! We made improvements on the inside... A flip up shelf in the cabinet above the sink so we can brush our teeth easier! We also redid the shelves in the hall cabinet. Now the do not fall !
here is a picture of the def shelf. just used some wire shelf I had, it is real secure. im going to add another on other side of tank as well when I get time.

here is a pic of the wet bay changes as well.

I also added led awning lights to the coach which look nice as well.

Im waiting for someone to come up with a easier more functional way to access the storage under dinette and sofa.

Keep the ideas and changes coming!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1034.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	69980   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	69981  
Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #7

psw, are those Phoenix Sims? Also, did you install the rock guard yourself and if so, how difficult was it?
Ironically, I called my dealer yesterday and asked them to call FR and ask about having this rock guard installed on my coach. It is being built now so I was hoping they would install it before it's sent from the factory.
dndnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
psw, are those Phoenix Sims? Also, did you install the rock guard yourself and if so, how difficult was it?
Ironically, I called my dealer yesterday and asked them to call FR and ask about having this rock guard installed on my coach. It is being built now so I was hoping they would install it before it's sent from the factory.
The wheels are Alcoa polished aluminum wheels. Got rid of the junk simulators.

I installed the rock guard myself. It wasn't difficult just a bit of trial and error initially to get the correct size rings and amount of chain to hang and have around 5-5.5 inches clearance off road when suspension is aired up.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #9

Is the hose a SeaTech 15'? Looks like you also created something to hang the spray nozzle on or is that the one that came with it?
Can't wait to get mine and start all these mod projects!! It's killing me waiting!
Old 02-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
Is the hose a SeaTech 15'? Looks like you also created something to hang the spray nozzle on or is that the one that came with it?
Can't wait to get mine and start all these mod projects!! It's killing me waiting!
Correct, seatech 15 foot from freshwater systems.com. They had a 25 foot as well. Much much better than the shower hose. Can really get it out from under the slide now. I didn't want to drill any holes in the fiberglass paneling because the tanks are pretty close on other side so I wrapped the handle of sprayer with some industrial Velcro and stuck it up high out of the way, holds it real nice.

It is fun customizing everything, addicting and expensive!
Old 02-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #11

Thanks much. I'm not bashful about copying. Just looked around my scrap pile and found some wire shelving just like you used for your storage add. Coming attraction for me. Well done. It's little things like you are doing that makes a rig "your rig" and fun to operate.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #12

Dog Kennel

I am about to purchase a Legacy 340BH (take delivery next Friday). My plan is to remove the bottom bunk and make that space into a large wire dog kennel. I am just wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this and maybe give me some tips and pointers.

I have a 11 year old border collie that needs to be crated when we are not around.

Another mod we want to do is put a dishwasher under the stove top, has anyone done this? Any tips?
Old 02-27-2015, 10:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mons02035 View Post
I am about to purchase a Legacy 340BH (take delivery next Friday). My plan is to remove the bottom bunk and make that space into a large wire dog kennel. I am just wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this and maybe give me some tips and pointers.

I have a 11 year old border collie that needs to be crated when we are not around.

Another mod we want to do is put a dishwasher under the stove top, has anyone done this? Any tips?
Don't think removing the bottom bunk would be all that difficult.

As for the dishwasher under the cooktop those are your two biggest drawers in the kitchen and if there is one thing we find difficult with the 340bh is the lack of a pantry. Actually it is more of an issue for my wife. Is there a way to incorporate the dishwasher into the bottom bunk space with the kennel?

Enjoy the new coach, we love ours!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #14

I loved your idea on creating the storage next to the DEF tank. I had some of that wire shelf material in my scrap pile, now my DEF compartment has storage as well. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #15

We have a 2014 legacy KP and I love the flap on the back. Can you post a pic of how you mounted the flap onto the RV? We have a tow bar and connection we have to be able to reach! Thank you for your help!
Old 03-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #16

Quote:
We have a 2014 legacy KP and I love the flap on the back. Can you post a pic of how you mounted the flap onto the RV? We have a tow bar and connection we have to be able to reach! Thank you for your help!
the flap doesn't interfere with the hitch at all. we tow as well and it isn't even close to the receiver. If you look under the hitch mount itself where it bolts to coach, there are two steel tabs that stick out horizontally and this is where your rings and chain hang from.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
I loved your idea on creating the storage next to the DEF tank. I had some of that wire shelf material in my scrap pile, now my DEF compartment has storage as well. Thanks for the idea.
I added some shelving above the propane tank the other day. I am storing my sewer hoses and sewer hose holder in this location along with all the elbow adapters and donuts etc.... Sure did open up a bit of space in the bay next to it. The tub you see is 26''L x 8 3/4 H x 17 3/4 deep.

the space is huge and can fit quite a bit in there. I used a 32' long 18''deep shelf and there is roughly 15'' to the ceiling.

Doesn't interfere with tank are any of the lines or service points.

couple pics for you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	propane 2.png
Views:	509
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	70556   Click image for larger version

Name:	propane.png
Views:	516
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	70557  
Old 03-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #18

Did u have to cut out around the exhaust ? I would not want to be too close to that pipe !
Old 03-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #19

psw, did you just lay that wire shelf on top of the propane tank or is attached to brackets you mounted on the inside walls of the bin?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Did u have to cut out around the exhaust ? I would not want to be too close to that pipe !
I didn't cut around the pipe. There are a few inches between pipe and flap.

There really isn't any heat issues either, the pipe surprisingly doesn't seem to get all that hot.

Tags
modifications