Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #1

Legacy-Polk Sound Bar connection issue

For those of you who switched out your sound bar in the Legacy to the Polk 5000 or 5500, how did you connect the Optical Audio cable? I used RCA cable to connect it but now it shuts off every 10 minutes due to an Energy Saver feature. When I called Polk they said I needed to use the Optical cable. I can't find where to connect it on the tv. It would help if I could see the entire back of the tv but I also can't figure out how to disconnect the tv from the mounting bracket! Any assistance from Legacy owners would be appreciated!
Old 05-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

To get the TV off the bracket, look at the lower corners of the bra key. You should see a screw on each side that comes out, unlocking the bracket so you can lift the TV off the main part of the bracket. Not sure you're going to find an optical out connection, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 PM   #3

No optical connection😞.
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 AM   #4

So does everyone who has the Polk have the same problem with it going into sleep mode every 10 minutes? Polk said the only way to avoid this was to use the optical plug.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #5

I had forgotten that they do that. I wish I could remember how we stopped it. You contacted Polk and they said you have to use the optical cable to prevent it from going to sleep? Hmmm, just guessing here, could it be as simple as using the remote verses the hard control buttons? Another guess; connect the optical cable going to nowhere and the RCA to the TV.
Anyone else have ideas?
Old 05-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #6

Yes, the tech at Polk told me the Energy Saver feature would kick in every 10 minutes if I used RCA as the connection. Apparently the sound bar doesn't register the sound at a high enough decibel or something with the RCA connection and goes into sleep mode....we have to use the remote to turn in back on and it is a pain in the ass.
We are camping this weekend so I plan on getting the tv off the bracket so I can thoroughly investigate the connection options.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #7

IROB?

No Optical option. Anyone else who switched to this one having the same problem? Irob, didn't you switch yours out? I will either have to send the sound bar back or switch out the tv for it to work without shutting off!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #8

There are no optical connections on the back of the TV that I found. I just used the RCA cables from the old one and connected it that way. When you cut on the TV, the sound bar will wake up and be on by itself. I have no issues with it going to sleep except when it is in bluetooth mode and the device is not turned all the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
No Optical option. Anyone else who switched to this one having the same problem? Irob, didn't you switch yours out? I will either have to send the sound bar back or switch out the tv for it to work without shutting off!
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote