Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #1

Legacy Seatbelt anchor recall

Got a notice today for the Legacy seatbelt. I already had the dealer raise the driver's anchor/seatbelt on my 2016 Legacy because I am only 5' 5" and it cut across armpit it was so low. Of course it left a big hole where the first anchor was mounted...I guess I might end up with a 3rd hole if they have to move it or add a new anchor!!

Old 01-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
Got a notice today for the Legacy seatbelt. I already had the dealer raise the driver's anchor/seatbelt on my 2016 Legacy because I am only 5' 5" and it cut across armpit it was so low. Of course it left a big hole where the first anchor was mounted...I guess I might end up with a 3rd hole if they have to move it or add a new anchor!!
Hmmm, did not hear about this. I will pass of I do.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

Got our letter last week and was thinking I would pass on getting anything done, too. No issues with the belts, so why mess with it? I am a bit concerned that my email to Mitch Wirt concerning the headlights has apparently gone ignored.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Got our letter last week and was thinking I would pass on getting anything done, too. No issues with the belts, so why mess with it? I am a bit concerned that my email to Mitch Wirt concerning the headlights has apparently gone ignored.
See my response on the Headlight thread. They ended up replacing my entire passenger side headlight but I haven't tested it yet.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
My seatbelts are fine as well.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
7 Year Class A RV'er

I spoke a couple of hours ago to the service rep at my dealer about some issues I've been having with the Legacy and wanted to get cleared up while the one year warranty was still applicable. One of those was the leaking cargo bay doors. The dealer told me they had another 2015 Legacy in the shop right now that was being repaired for for the same issue and that the repairs were being performed as part of a new recall just issued by FR. I'm trying to get a copy of the recall work list, but they did say it included replacing all of the door latches, resealing of all the seams inside the boxes and replacing the door seals; total of about 15 corrective work items to be done. I have emailed Mitch at FR to inquire as to additional details and will post something on the forum if and when I receive it.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:37 PM   #7
C8dnLegacy

Thanks. That is one issue I still was trying to get fixed. I'll contact Mitch as well
Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 PM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

Cgpalmer: I heard back from Mitch yesterday and he says there's no recall on the compartment issue. I'm trying to get a copy of the document the dealer is working with to share with Mitch. If and when I am able to get it, I'll share here, too. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Old 02-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #9

We are heading to Forest River today to have the leaking cargo bays fixed once and for all. We have had it in to the dealer have this issue addressed three times without success. It became clear that our issue was water come in from the underneath. We have mold and other issues now as well. Mitch has coming to the factory to have fixed hopefully for the last time. We also have a major issue with a couple of basement storage doors popping open during travel and the hinges are shot because of all the bouncing around while open. We have also had this addressed a few times without success. We are hoping that all of these things will be taken care of and we will get rid of the mold and the rusty screws in the basement.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

Glad to hear they're hopefully going to fix you up. Mitch told me the dealer could handle it when I emailed him the other day about what I had heard was a recall on this. Maybe it's time they actually DO have a recall! If you can, please let us know what they do to fix it. If it's simply a matter of caulking all the joints, I'll get some silicone caulk and get after it myself. Good luck and safe travels.

Tags
recall