Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 01:58 PM   #21

???????
•All pulled by 15' Gmc 2500HD duramax
Ozziedodge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:49 PM   #22

Often there are numerous little hidden upgrades that aren't obvious but can add up to a lot of added convenience/improvements. However, it's hard to know if those differences are worth $16K.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #23

Agree would love some one who knows this question first hand ;/
Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #24

It really gets down to which one your like better. Assuming they are optioned exactly the same The 18 is a better deal though
DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #25

Looking at a 38C forest river legacy thoughts? Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDude916 View Post
It really gets down to which one your like better. Assuming they are optioned exactly the same The 18 is a better deal though

Yes the 18’ has tile etc

Most I see have wood

Worried about the tile but I would assume it’s a lot nicer.....

It’s 157 out the door and thy pay $1000 expenses to come
Old 05-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #26

I have a 38c 2017. I saw in one of you posts you though 2018 was redesign year, 2017 was the redesign year.

For the price you cannot beat it. There is some problems though to be aware of and one I am struggling with right now.

Granted, I have the 2017 model which is the first year of the redesign, so could just a lot of bugs with it just because it is a first year.

1. Overhead bed: Constantly needs to be reset.

2. Washing Machine: Be warned! The one that came with mine broke and the one that comes with the 2018 is no longer sold (that I can tell). All of the reviews say they stink and they break. Most repair companies will not pull them out of the closet so you have to find someone to do it for you. The height and depth of the closet where the washers go, give you VERY LITTLE choices in washer and dryers. Closet is 28" deep, but the stack and some other things only gives you 24" of depth. The height is 64" high, MOST washer and dryers stackables WILL NOT FIT in that space. The splendides were 2" to tall. My washing machine is dead and they will not fix but FR is going to pay, BUT, only washer I could find was the spendide stackable, I have to stay with my same dryer because the splendide dryer is to tall. It is a crazy situation. So I hope I can make the two work together.

3. Bathroom shower leaking into bottom compartment.

4. For size coach they built and expecting to hold a lot of people, the unit is underpowered with a 5K hitch. If you are offering bunk beds and sleeping capacity for 8, odds are you are going to tow a bigger vehicle. Not everyone needs a bigger vehicle, but when you build a coach that is really meant for family size, you need a 10k towable. It toes my F150 @ 5k just fine, but crawls in the mountains. But again, I have 6 people can carrying a lot of weight.

5. Headlights are terrible, borderline useless.

6. Cameras are not that good either. My FR3 for 80k had better cameras.

All compaints aside, it is a great coach for the money. Instant Heat is GREAT, 2 showers and bathrooms GREAT, overhead bed (MOST DIESALS do not offer this) GREAT, storage pretty good, refrigerator big.

I feel that these things were built fast and quality control not the best. I found screws and wood waste throughout the coach.

For 45K difference between this and a Tiffin, go with this. TEAR OUT WASHING MACHINE and put in a splenided washer, many on the road repair places will work on those but will not work on other brands. Your saving 45k with the idea you might have to put 5k into it! lol, sorry but true.

In someways you get what you pay for, and in most ways with this coach you get more.

But if you get it, you will love it.

If the 38a berkshire came with overhead bed, I would have bought that instead. More storage underneath (transmission not in the way giving you true pass through storage), a little nicer, and some extra amenities.
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchat View Post
I have a 38c 2017. I saw in one of you posts you though 2018 was redesign year, 2017 was the redesign year.

For the price you cannot beat it. There is some problems though to be aware of and one I am struggling with right now.

Granted, I have the 2017 model which is the first year of the redesign, so could just a lot of bugs with it just because it is a first year.

1. Overhead bed: Constantly needs to be reset.

2. Washing Machine: Be warned! The one that came with mine broke and the one that comes with the 2018 is no longer sold (that I can tell). All of the reviews say they stink and they break. Most repair companies will not pull them out of the closet so you have to find someone to do it for you. The height and depth of the closet where the washers go, give you VERY LITTLE choices in washer and dryers. Closet is 28" deep, but the stack and some other things only gives you 24" of depth. The height is 64" high, MOST washer and dryers stackables WILL NOT FIT in that space. The splendides were 2" to tall. My washing machine is dead and they will not fix but FR is going to pay, BUT, only washer I could find was the spendide stackable, I have to stay with my same dryer because the splendide dryer is to tall. It is a crazy situation. So I hope I can make the two work together.

3. Bathroom shower leaking into bottom compartment.

4. For size coach they built and expecting to hold a lot of people, the unit is underpowered with a 5K hitch. If you are offering bunk beds and sleeping capacity for 8, odds are you are going to tow a bigger vehicle. Not everyone needs a bigger vehicle, but when you build a coach that is really meant for family size, you need a 10k towable. It toes my F150 @ 5k just fine, but crawls in the mountains. But again, I have 6 people can carrying a lot of weight.

5. Headlights are terrible, borderline useless.

6. Cameras are not that good either. My FR3 for 80k had better cameras.

All compaints aside, it is a great coach for the money. Instant Heat is GREAT, 2 showers and bathrooms GREAT, overhead bed (MOST DIESALS do not offer this) GREAT, storage pretty good, refrigerator big.

I feel that these things were built fast and quality control not the best. I found screws and wood waste throughout the coach.

For 45K difference between this and a Tiffin, go with this. TEAR OUT WASHING MACHINE and put in a splenided washer, many on the road repair places will work on those but will not work on other brands. Your saving 45k with the idea you might have to put 5k into it! lol, sorry but true.

In someways you get what you pay for, and in most ways with this coach you get more.

But if you get it, you will love it.

If the 38a berkshire came with overhead bed, I would have bought that instead. More storage underneath (transmission not in the way giving you true pass through storage), a little nicer, and some extra amenities.

This unit was built in 2017 but is sold as a 2018

157K and that is OTD flying me to pick up

Sounds like all your issues will be normal warrenty???? Does it have the luxury RV feel???
Old 05-29-2018, 02:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozziedodge67 View Post
This unit was built in 2017 but is sold as a 2018

157K and that is OTD flying me to pick up

Sounds like all your issues will be normal warrenty???? Does it have the luxury RV feel???
That is in the eye of the beholder. My opinion is no but neither does the Tiffin RED. My personal opinion you don't get into the "LUXURY" feel until your in the $500k plus category.
DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:00 AM   #29

The berkshire has more room in the storage compartment (at least in 2017 models) compared to legacy. In the legacy the trans. runs through the compartment in a sealed box cutting right down the middle of the compartment, as compared to berks it is true pass through storage. The berks have sliding shelves in the lower compartments, berks have tow rating between 7500-10,000. Those are some of the biggest differences. Interior you will find upgraded leather, flooring, kitchen.

If the berks had second bathroom, I would have a berkshire because of the towing capactiy and pass through storage. I tow an f150 and my 2017 38c is all but 100lb short of the 5k limit with 1/8 tank of gas! With full tank of gas and bikes I am a few hudered pounds over.

If you are not towing a big car and maybe just 2 people, not living in the rv, legacy better imho. If you are full timing go-Ber(zerk)
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river