Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Member
 
jvenditte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Loud noise when in reverse

On my 34A Legacy, got a loud noise behind the driver that I can only describe as a whining or fan noise. It was excessive. Almost as though it was amplified through the TV sound bar. As soon as I shift out of reverse, it goes away. Has anyone experienced this?
__________________

jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
PPST Wannabe
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,023
My Georgetown has a feature that has a microphone connected to the rear view camera. It allows me to hear someone/something behind me, but I canít communicate to them.

Maybe itís a feature with your Legacy. Send someone out back and have them yak atcha when you put it in reverse.

Maybe yes, maybe no.
__________________

__________________

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Send someone out back and have them yak atcha when you put it in reverse.

Maybe yes, maybe no.
Is that the technical term
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenwoth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Lacey's Spring, AL
 
formerFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lacey's Spring, AL
Posts: 2,230
rear view camera AUDIO, it's automatic when you are in reverse, and if you have your radio knob 'up' at a high volume, you'll get an ear full !

have fun!
__________________

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx,
100,000+mi since '14, US, Alaska, Canada, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
rear view camera AUDIO, it's automatic when you are in reverse, and if you have your radio knob 'up' at a high volume, you'll get an ear full !

have fun!
I think the guys are right on !!!
When we first got our Sunseeker I could not figure why I was hearing static when I backed up !!! Did not know the camry had sound !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
Member
 
jvenditte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I think the guys are right on !!!
When we first got our Sunseeker I could not figure why I was hearing static when I backed up !!! Did not know the camry had sound !!!

I may have a broken radio switch. And perhaps that is my problem. The radio light never turns off until I turn the motor coach off. Also, the coach was supposed to have surround sound and those two speakers don't seem to work, can't figure out if there is a way to turn on/off surround sound not. Those two speakers are where the noise come from..... no documentation on this was given when this new coach was purchased. So I am trying to figure out out.
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Wolverine 1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SouthWest Michigan
Posts: 5,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvenditte View Post
I may have a broken radio switch. And perhaps that is my problem. The radio light never turns off until I turn the motor coach off. Also, the coach was supposed to have surround sound and those two speakers don't seem to work, can't figure out if there is a way to turn on/off surround sound not. Those two speakers are where the noise come from..... no documentation on this was given when this new coach was purchased. So I am trying to figure out out.
Our Sunseeker 2500TS
has a speaker control on the end of a Kitchen cabinet,,,
I think it is Front - Back or Both ???
__________________

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
noise

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.