Old 02-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #1

M4-LCD GPS issue

Just completed a little "first trip" with our new Legacy. The Magnadyne M4-LCD functions well overall. However I did experience the GPS loss of satellite signal several times and once it did a complete reboot while traveling. Anyone else have any issues like this? So far I just put it on my small list of warrantee issues for the dealer.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:44 AM   #2

We also experienced various issues with this device. Mostly with the clock timing it seemed. Our dealer has informed us of a software update that they've completed. We're heading to Florida in couple weeks so hopefully all is goid😎

Old 03-01-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
2012 Solera

There is a long, multi-year thread on the Magnadyne M4 LCD: Magnadyne M4-LCD questions
As I stated in that thread (post #88, I believe) I received and installed three software updates from Magnadyne. It eventually worked okay (still some foibles, but nothing i couldn't work around and live with). I did eventually replace it with a Kenwood and a stand alone Garmin.
Suspect you need the most recent software update from Magnadyne. An SD card. Mine plugged into a dongle out the back of the unit (required removing the unit from the dash), but I understand on more recent models they have moved it to the front of the unit.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:15 PM   #4

Magnadyne

We are so pleased with the many of the functions of our Magnadyne unit, specifically the camera, CD, bluetooth, etc. that using a separate GPS such as a Garmin is not out of the question. I will have the rig at the dealer next week for a few minor issues, GPS, being one of them. If that does not work out, the Garmin is in.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
We are so pleased with the many of the functions of our Magnadyne unit, specifically the camera, CD, bluetooth, etc. that using a separate GPS such as a Garmin is not out of the question. I will have the rig at the dealer next week for a few minor issues, GPS, being one of them. If that does not work out, the Garmin is in.
Dealer had our rig for 10 days and could not fix the GPS. I picked up the rig for a trip we are currently on, then take it back for one more shot in a couple weeks. Hopefully they can make it work, if not, I am working on a way to install a stand alone Garmin to it looks decent.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #6

Contacted Magnadyne tech support. Mark was great to work with. Told him our issues, he said FR sometimes just coils the antenna and wiring up inside the dash. The antenna should be exposed to the windshield somewhere. He said if that does not fix it he would ship me a new antenna. I slid the unit out and sure enough, the antenna was coiled and hanging. I loosened the dash, and placed the antenna near the side drivers window and whatcha know. It works perfectly. Not the most user friendly GPS, however, seems to work well so far.