Old 07-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #21

We tow a 4600lb wrangler unlimited rubicon and have averaged 10.2-10.5 depending on speed and whether or not we are running the generator for both a/c units in hot weather. The generator consumes .3-.5 gallons per hour depending on load.

Just drove down to Nashville from the Philadelphia area yesterday and averaged 10.1 mpg and that is about as hilly of a drive you could get on the east coast. Really impressed with the coach so far!

Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #22

Do you have photos of yours. Also how is the coach to drive?

Old 07-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #23

Yeah I have lots of photos at home on PC, we are in Nashville for the week.

I started the legacy mods and improvements thread and there are a bunch of pics in there.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #24

Just completed a 3000+ trip. 11.0 mpg pulling as shown in the attached photo.
A few issues need to be addressed with the warrantee folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015c4c.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	84101  
Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #25

Aero,
How much does that tow setup weigh?
Old 07-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #26

5k, Trailer is aluminum and Jeep is highly modified and nowhere near factory stated weight. A weight distribution hitch is also used. Careful balance and weights at tongue were taken.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
5k, Trailer is aluminum and Jeep is highly modified and nowhere near factory stated weight. A weight distribution hitch is also used. Careful balance and weights at tongue were taken.
We are thinking about upgrading our hitch to a 10k. Been towing our rubicon but would potentially like to pull our f-150. We weighed the coach a few times fully loaded and have about 8600lbs to the gcwr.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
We are thinking about upgrading our hitch to a 10k. Been towing our rubicon but would potentially like to pull our f-150. We weighed the coach a few times fully loaded and have about 8600lbs to the gcwr.
PM sent
Old 07-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #29
7 Year Class A RV'er

aeroshots: You're close on the 5K weight, close enough to not worry about it. We had the same rig and I think with the Jeep on there you're actually about 5,600#. Again, certainly not far enough over the hitch capacity to be an issue. I've noticed some folks on here take all the "numbers" provided to them as being exact instead of common sense guidelines. (I'll probably be hearing from several over that comment!)

Am sort of curious why you put the Jeep on the hauler when they're so easy to flat tow. When I bought my Jeep, I sold the trailer and love the flat towing. I think all the requirements on some of the other vehicles would drive me nuts, but the Jeep was a breeze.

One other question for you: When you logged the 11.0 MPG, what mode were you in on your transmission? Last trip I made (our first), I think I had it in normal mode (the red light was off). I was reading something the other day about using economy mode (red light on?) when pulling. Thoughts of suggestions? I was getting just over 10.0 MPG but we went through the mountains of north GA and east TN, too (Orlando to Gatlinburg).

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
aeroshots: You're close on the 5K weight, close enough to not worry about it. We had the same rig and I think with the Jeep on there you're actually about 5,600#. Again, certainly not far enough over the hitch capacity to be an issue. I've noticed some folks on here take all the "numbers" provided to them as being exact instead of common sense guidelines. (I'll probably be hearing from several over that comment!)

Am sort of curious why you put the Jeep on the hauler when they're so easy to flat tow. When I bought my Jeep, I sold the trailer and love the flat towing. I think all the requirements on some of the other vehicles would drive me nuts, but the Jeep was a breeze.

One other question for you: When you logged the 11.0 MPG, what mode were you in on your transmission? Last trip I made (our first), I think I had it in normal mode (the red light was off). I was reading something the other day about using economy mode (red light on?) when pulling. Thoughts of suggestions? I was getting just over 10.0 MPG but we went through the mountains of north GA and east TN, too (Orlando to Gatlinburg).
I am seeing just over 11 mpg and I tow as much in econ (red light on) as possible at 60ish mph. Pretty hard to leave it in that mode in the mountains though, just need (or like to have) those extra RPM's to get over the hump a bit quicker.

I agree with you on all the "requirements" some of these vehicles have for flat towing. We travel with friends frequently who tow a '14 Honda and all that they go through would surely drive me nuts.

Will be leaving soon on a 2 month trip back and forth across the US, will get a good feel for all terrain/condition mileage for sure.

Tags
mileage, roo, roof