Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #1

mileage and roof

First question.....we are moving up from a Gas Holiday Rambler....pulling a 4000 lb trailer including motorcycles....hills? What do most of you do for mpg...I run my Gas unit at 65 and get 7 mpg

Second....anyone have a view of the roof? We are taking delivery in two weeks...have many of you gotten additional covers for the vents...how many vents are in the RB

Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

Moving to the 360 RB, I assume? We get 10.0 MPG towing a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, about 4,100#. That was on a trip from Orlando to Smoky Mountain NP and back. As for roof vents, there are three: one in the living area and one in each bath. I plan to get MaxAir vent covers installed ASAP. Hope that helps.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #3

Actuall your answer is perfect....We hope to pick the RV up in Indiana in 2 weeks and I wanted to know how many vent covers we needed...Mileage will be a big difference for us....we get 7 to 8 pulling our motorcycle trailer.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
7 Year Class A RV'er

Glad that helped. Our old RV (Hurricane 30Q gasser) got 7.2 pulling the toad. You'll love the DP. Before you leave the plant make sure the water heater works right. Our's is being repaired right now for a bad flow switch. Also (strange as it sounds) check the tailpipe. They drove ours to FL and delivered it to us and two weeks later I discovered they never put the last 3' piece of exhaust pipe and chrome tip on! Could have burned the whole thing up if it went into regen! Counting mine, I know of three units they did that on. Have a safe trip. Enjoy it!

Old 07-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #5

We have a 36 Ft Endeavor Gas...great unit but the seating is not the best for Grandkids or larger groups...has a huge closet in the back I will miss...Seems as if i might lose some space under as well but this it to be expected..

Another question...when you stop and park...do you let the air out prior to using the jacks? Also is only one step on the outside or two?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post

Another question...when you stop and park...do you let the air out prior to using the jacks? Also is only one step on the outside or two?
I'm new here and my answer might not be the precise way to do it, but -- I move the deflate lever to deflate and then reach over and activate the auto level system. Seems like the timing is perfect for the jacks to contact terra firma as the bags are mostly deflated. Again, this is just my technique.

Congratulations on your new camper.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #7

And to part of your original question, we got 12 mpg when we drove home from South Carolina to Florida upon delivery. We were towing nothing and have the 340KP. Next trip we will be towing our 2006 Jeep TJ. I expect/hope for 10 to 11 mpg.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

Blacknchromehd: Aeroshots is a great source for info, too. We've traded experiences back and forth quite a bit now. I have to confess that I actually forgot about the air bags the first time we camped and didn't use them. I remember them now and deflate them prior to leveling if I want the step to be a bit lower. There is only one step coming out of the MH. Not sure exactly why, but sometimes there is a delay of several seconds before it extends/retracts, so always look before you step or there could be a rude surprise. The mpg he's giving is probably more accurate, too, as we actually increased to 10.1 with the toad once we got to the flatter part of our trip back from TN. Whatever it is, it's much better than the gas was. Also, you're going to LOVE the fact you can fuel it up from either side. My only thing there was that it takes a key to open the fuel door. Understand the security, I just have to get used to picking up the key when I head out the door to fuel up. Also, after the roughly 1,500 mile round trip, our DEF indicator moved down to 3 bars instead of the full indication at 4 bars. Not bad at all in my opinion!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #9

tow

This is what I tow for now...7 x 14 V nose trailer with two 800 lb Harleys inside...not sure if I will pull a car....ours is a Corvette and not likely to be pulled..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2468.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	82171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	82172  
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

Nice trailer. Featherlite? I used a Featherlite car hauler with our other RV and pulled my 2010 Tacoma. Traded the Tacoma for a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited and sold the trailer. If you want to flat tow, I would highly recommend getting a Wrangler - so simple to tow!

Tags
mileage, roo, roof