Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #1

New 360RB

Hello. Picking up a new 2015 Legacy 360RB in a few weeks. Any particular items I should pay special attention to when I do the walk through and check out? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #2

Congrats on your new Legacy 360RB. Go to the 'Library' tab above and print off a PDI checklist.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

We just picked our 360 RB up last week. Here's a list of what we found (no huge issues):

1. The ladder for the electric bunk over the cockpit was missing.

2. The small tables that fit into the sofa arms were missing (there are two of them).

3. We had hit water when we tried it but didn't later. Found out a bad flow switch was causing the heater to shut down each time we turned off the hot water. Ordered a new switch.

4. Check the wipers. On the way home the wiper on the driver's side went nuts and started traveling too far. Have to take it in for that.

5. Be sure they show you how to work the DVD. Our guy didn't know how. I got it to work but I've already changed it for a bluray. That's an entirely different story! No HDMI cabling, just coax, so HD is a bit iffy.

6. If you use a brake controller, be aware no one actually has a prewired cable for the Freightliner. No worry, though. If you look at the plug (taped at the bottom of the steering column), Freightliner was kind enough to provide a blank terminal plugged into their pigtail. Just buy any controller cable, cut the end off and use the new terminal to make your own cable.

Bit of advice we got from another owner was to get a small tub toy and keep it in the washer. Seems if you drive with the pump on, vibration can make the washer valve flutter and allow water into the tub. It's a front loader with a window, so make sure the toy isn't floating before you open the door. He told us this based on personal experience - sploosh!

Enjoy it - our first road trip in the new one will be in about three weeks. Yell with questions and we'll see if my limited knowledge, questionable experience and willingness to snoop has turned up anything else.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Pick new RV up on May 12. It needs new transfer switch, motor for drop down bed, new slide seal, and one replacement cabinet door. Also all 3 TV are being replaced due to scratches. These were identified by dealer. All parts are in so dealer can get all replaced this week. Anyone weigh theirs -- would appreciate knowing weight to get tire pressures in ball park until I can weigh mine. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

One more item I just discovered on our unit yesterday. The dealer couldn't believe it when I sent a photo to them. Sounds strange, but take a look in back for the chrome exhaust turn down. Turns out mine was missing! When I got under the coach to check it out, the entire 3' section of the exhaust pipe is missing, all the way back to the canister device where the DEF gets injected. From the looks of the connectors on the piping that's there, I don't think anything was ever installed. I had an appointment in a week for the flow valve on the water heater anyway, so they'll get it taken care of at that time. Strange, to say the least! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430606872.324254.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	75940

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #6

Wow.....hard to believe. Hopefully they can get fixed without any issues. From pic I took mine has chrome exhaust. Guess this shows that we have to check everything ourselves.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #7
7 Year Class A RV'er

Yep. The dealer went over it pretty good, just something you don't think to check. The Legacy next to mine in the lot had the chrome tip, I just must not have ever looked that close at my own. Thank goodness for a good, responsive dealer!
Old 05-03-2015, 06:49 AM   #8

Glad your dealer is taking care of it promptly. I think my dealer is doing good too. Hopefully I won't find anything when I pick it up on the 12th. Planning on spending whole day going over the RV and having dealer show me how everything works. This is my first diesel so it will take a bit longer.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #9
C8dnLegacy

I had the same part missing. Dealer picked it up before I showed up for PDI