Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 26
New 38c legacy

Hello legacy owners. Have any of you heard any thing about the new 38c model? Looking to if any one owns one. Thanks
__________________

Snoodledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:27 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodledog View Post
Hello legacy owners. Have any of you heard any thing about the new 38c model? Looking to if any one owns one. Thanks


Just that my 30 8C 2018 legacy up from RV and Texas drove home to New Jersey 1500 miles absolutely easy to driveCompared to my 2016
__________________

anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 22
[QUOTE=anthony mazziotto;1645566]Just pick my 2018 legacy up from MHSRV in Texas drove home to New Jersey 1500 miles absolutely A pleasure to drive compared to my 2016 FR3 Put 32,000 mi on it and was a handful to drive not very comfortable at all the quality in this coach far exceeds that workmanship and quality in the FR3 granite there is a big price difference between the two but the quality control was poor at best in the FR3 so far I am extremely pleased with this coach Time will tell
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
CRL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 154
[QUOTE=anthony mazziotto;1645580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony mazziotto View Post
Just pick my 2018 legacy up from MHSRV in Texas drove home to New Jersey 1500 miles absolutely A pleasure to drive compared to my 2016 FR3 Put 32,000 mi on it and was a handful to drive not very comfortable at all the quality in this coach far exceeds that workmanship and quality in the FR3 granite there is a big price difference between the two but the quality control was poor at best in the FR3 so far I am extremely pleased with this coach Time will tell


Congratulations on the new coach. We have a 2016 Legacy and are thinking about upgrading to a Berkshire XLT. I am curious why you ended up 1500 miles from home for your Legacy? I live in DE and am having a harder time trying to decide where I want to buy than what model and options I want.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 22
[quote=crl1;1645758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony mazziotto View Post



congratulations on the new coach. We have a 2016 legacy and are thinking about upgrading to a berkshire xlt. I am curious why you ended up 1500 miles from home for your legacy? I live in de and am having a harder time trying to decide where i want to buy than what model and options i want.
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 22
Sheer price was the main reason. We used mhsrv in Texas. Priced all over and it was a significant difference and to my surprise it was an extremely big dealership with a large inventory and a very experienced and knowledgeable service crew. Would recommend them highly
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Vince and Charlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Spring Valley OH
Posts: 697
Looking to trade my 2015 GT gasser for a 2018 Legacy BH. But, with the 340 Cummins engine, I am concerned about power. My GT Ford V10 advertises a max of 320hp at 3800 rpm and 450 lb-ft max torque. With the longer length and higher weight of the Legacy, I have to wonder if the CUMMINS 340 is enough power. Thoughts?
__________________
2018 Berkshire 38A
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Looking to trade my 2015 GT gasser for a 2018 Legacy BH. But, with the 340 Cummins engine, I am concerned about power. My GT Ford V10 advertises a max of 320hp at 3800 rpm and 450 lb-ft max torque. With the longer length and higher weight of the Legacy, I have to wonder if the CUMMINS 340 is enough power. Thoughts?


With the Cummins you'll have all the torque available to you almost instantly. That's where all the power will be and you'll notice a big difference between that and the V10.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:12 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 36
Drove my 38C home yesterday. Like it a lot. Drives and rides quite good and power is not a big problem. We have a mountain trip coming up and i will let you know how it handles.
DTordoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Vince and Charlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Spring Valley OH
Posts: 697
I look forward to your post. When is your trip. BTW do you have trouble getting into the front bathroom while on the road. Seems mighty tight.
__________________

__________________
2018 Berkshire 38A
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.