Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #1

New Legacy SR 300

Anyone have any pictures or a brochure with specs of this new coach? We were considering the Thor Palazzo bunkhouse and stumbled upon this new Legacy Bunkhouse model and looks like it may be a bit nicer overall. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #2

I can't help with specs but can say they are are very nice looking MH. I was at the factory the past two days and had a chance to look one over. Nice lay out and really like the mid door. The only down side for me would be basement storage over a Berkshire. I think they are planing to sell a bunch because they are very busy there. I have never seen them with so many chassis waiting for build. They are running a full crew.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #3

I will try posting the link for the Legacy. Hope it works. If not, look at the 3rd page of the 'Berkshire Discontinued' post.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d-47199-3.html

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I can't help with specs but can say they are are very nice looking MH. I was at the factory the past two days and had a chance to look one over. Nice lay out and really like the mid door. The only down side for me would be basement storage over a Berkshire. I think they are planing to sell a bunch because they are very busy there. I have never seen them with so many chassis waiting for build. They are running a full crew.

As far as the storage is concerned, is it more than a typical 31 foot class c? That is what we have now and it is my wife and I along with our two kids. Mainly long weekend usage with a few 7-10 day trips per year. The biggest stuff I ever take is a couple zero gravity chairs and my golf
Clubs! As long as they fit I'm good!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #5

I don't think you would have a problem with that. I looked like more storage than a C for sure but not a pass through basement like a Berkshire. It is a very nice looking MH plus you get a all the benefits of a DP!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #6

How roomy is the living room area with one slide. I love all the slides on my berkshire and I wonder if I can downsize to a smaller unit. I just saw 2 videos on you tube from rv shows.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbt803 View Post
How roomy is the living room area with one slide. I love all the slides on my berkshire and I wonder if I can downsize to a smaller unit. I just saw 2 videos on you tube from rv shows.
I haven't seen this in person but it seems to be almost identical to the Thor Palazzo 33.3 except better quality fit and finish and a fiberglass roof which the thor is a tpo.

Both have the same chassis so I'm guessing slide configuration is the same. If so then pretty much the whole drivers side is a large slide all the way to
Bedroom. Bedroom slide is on opposite side and is a smaller slide.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I don't think you would have a problem with that. I looked like more storage than a C for sure but not a pass through basement like a Berkshire. It is a very nice looking MH plus you get a all the benefits of a DP!
Any idea if it is 19.5 or 22.5 wheels?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #9

Below is a link to rv direct, it has all of the standard options on it. You can also go to there website and build it.

http://www.rvdirect.com/rvfeatures.asp?makeid=397
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757

Any idea if it is 19.5 or 22.5 wheels?
Looks like 22.5 as listed in the brochure.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #11

We have 2 in stock at Berryland Campers in Ponchatoula. Just came in Thursday Oct 31.
PonchatoulaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #12
Tinkerer and Putterer

Carolina Coach has an SR 300 in stock and I went through it today when I picked up my Forrester. Carolina Coach & Marine - #1 Dealer in RV, Camper, & Boat Sales in NC

The fit and finish are an overall match to my 3011 DSF with the additions of tile floors, solid surface counters, and materials on the couch and dinette that are softer to the touch and appear richer. I don't know how they would hold up to dog claws though.

There is a copilots table that has to be manually dropped into place beside the passenger which was the only negative I could see on the non bunk unit. I would have to put another mark against the bunk unit since they still used the narrow 28 inch wide bunks on this unit. Winnebago uses 3 foot bunks, even in their Cs'. For folks with kids (me included) the drop down bunk on 300 is a wide twin and not a full like the Thor. The couch is a jack knife and the dinette will require cushion removal to drop the table into place. If you plan on hosting more than two youngsters then the bunk unit or painful nightly setups are the only options. Some major pluses are that all and I mean ALL of the devices that you might need to access for maintenance (hydraulic pump, fuses, tanks, batteries, etc are easily accessed externally. The pass through storage has a pull through tray. The majority of the storage is located centrally in the chassis which is another plus. IMO the exterior layout is a really big deal and major kudos to Forest River for taking the time to get the layout right. The only thing I saw that Thor did that Forest River did not was add the ability to fill the DEF tank on both sides of the rig. The tank is on the driver side of the rig. I missed where the gas fill is but my suspicion is that since the DEF tank is near the front driver side, folks buying this rig will need to carry a Jerry can to fill the 10 gallon DEF tank on the fly. With all the external storage on the rig that shouldn't be a big deal. Functionally this coach appears to be far superior to its Thor counterpart. The chassis is the same but like my forester, the tolerances are tighter and the rattles are non-existent. The unit I looked at had a generator that could be set to turn on based on time or demand. A neat trick I wish I could teach my Forrester The air ride suspension would also be nice. I was quoted a price of 167K so I can't justify the swap. 80 - 100K will buy a lot of gas
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
Carolina Coach has an SR 300 in stock and I went through it today when I picked up my Forrester. Carolina Coach & Marine - #1 Dealer in RV, Camper, & Boat Sales in NC

The fit and finish are an overall match to my 3011 DSF with the additions of tile floors, solid surface counters, and materials on the couch and dinette that are softer to the touch and appear richer. I don't know how they would hold up to dog claws though.

There is a copilots table that has to be manually dropped into place beside the passenger which was the only negative I could see on the non bunk unit. I would have to put another mark against the bunk unit since they still used the narrow 28 inch wide bunks on this unit. Winnebago uses 3 foot bunks, even in their Cs'. For folks with kids (me included) the drop down bunk on 300 is a wide twin and not a full like the Thor. The couch is a jack knife and the dinette will require cushion removal to drop the table into place. If you plan on hosting more than two youngsters then the bunk unit or painful nightly setups are the only options. Some major pluses are that all and I mean ALL of the devices that you might need to access for maintenance (hydraulic pump, fuses, tanks, batteries, etc are easily accessed externally. The pass through storage has a pull through tray. The majority of the storage is located centrally in the chassis which is another plus. IMO the exterior layout is a really big deal and major kudos to Forest River for taking the time to get the layout right. The only thing I saw that Thor did that Forest River did not was add the ability to fill the DEF tank on both sides of the rig. The tank is on the driver side of the rig. I missed where the gas fill is but my suspicion is that since the DEF tank is near the front driver side, folks buying this rig will need to carry a Jerry can to fill the 10 gallon DEF tank on the fly. With all the external storage on the rig that shouldn't be a big deal. Functionally this coach appears to be far superior to its Thor counterpart. The chassis is the same but like my forester, the tolerances are tighter and the rattles are non-existent. The unit I looked at had a generator that could be set to turn on based on time or demand. A neat trick I wish I could teach my Forrester The air ride suspension would also be nice. I was quoted a price of 167K so I can't justify the swap. 80 - 100K will buy a lot of gas
So far we are very happy with ours, bunk model we have two small children and the bunks are perfect. We had a 2011 class c and it became a real pain breaking down tables and couches every night. Also in the class c there was never a comfortable spot to watch tv on a rainy day. The drop down bunk is great when we bring the grandparents along my wife and I easily fit up there and it is rated for 800lbs if I'm not mistaken. When I measured I thought it was a hair smaller than a queen but definitely bigger than a twin.

We like the table that can be installed up front as those two seats spin around and become a focal point of the living area, nice to have a spot to put the adult beverages!

Legacy rides great so far about 11.8 mpg towing a jeep and the only rattles are occasionally from the door but I think a little lube will correct that.

Outside storage on initial inspection when we first looked at it appeared to be a short coming but in all honesty there is a ton.

Yes there are fuel fills on both sides.

We traded our 2011 jayco greyhawk and were able to get several dealers into the 149-155k range. Without trade we could have bought for 144-148k.

Love it so far!