Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #1

Plant tour/visit

We have been meandering North following fall colors and visiting family. What the heck, might just visit the Forest River DP plant. Planned for next Monday.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #2

wow....get lots of pics please...hey my Legacy Dealer is right near the Factory ...Total Value RV
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #3

I was thinking that My DW and I might go to the Forest river plant also, we are in North Carolina visiting our grandsons and our kids, and are considering go to DC to see the memorials, and then take 80 up to Omaha, NE.. Looks like we will be going pretty close to the plant, we might just go and talk to the engineers and ask why our cabinets are bubbling and the ceiling in the bathroom is peeling, just don't understand the quality on these coaches, I guess I am expecting to much for the money I paid, to me the money I paid should have had better quality, I know I didn't buy the best money could by, but please,, enough griping I guess, I do love being able to travel and have a home to stay in while seeing the country,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #4

Mark,

I know that small items such as yours can make you think...Paid $142,000 for my Legacy...friend paid $280,000 for Newmar....they have so many more problems than what I have had...i agree we all want no problems....but at times we will have some...
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

some I can understand, I fixed the outlet for the sewer, it was inthe wrong place, could not drain the grey water if drain hosed was attached, the water pump didn't work, the shower bottom curtain wasn't attached and wasn't sealed, if you used it water would drain on the floor, seems all the cabinets are bubbling, I can't fix that, the ceiling is peeling away from the wood it is glued on, there is a spot on the ceiling over the seating area, I don't know if the roof is leaking or where it came from, I just noticed it on the way here, the wall paper next to the drivers window is bubbling and wrinkled, I am older now and am not going to tackle trying to fix all of it myself, the dealer is constantly coming up with excuses, last on was the wrong color picture paper came in for the cabinets, and they never even tried to fix the wall paper, I gues I was cheap on what I paid for, a few problems is ok, but mine are more than I care to handle,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Mark,

I know that small items such as yours can make you think...Paid $142,000 for my Legacy...friend paid $280,000 for Newmar....they have so many more problems than what I have had...i agree we all want no problems....but at times we will have some...
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #6

I really don't have any issues for the factory to deal with at the moment. Just want to connect faces with names and see a rig or two being built. I totally understand the dealer issue. They act we are idiots for bringing them in.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #7

Plant tour was our task for today. Craig from Sales greeted us and provided us with a first class tour of the plant. We saw every facet of the assembly process. We were treated like royalty and no questions, comments, or issues were off the table. We were impressed that Craig was well versed in how the rigs are put together and also about component selection, and what the competition is doing.

As seasoned RV'ers we all wonder if anyone is aware of component issues we all deal with... for the record the sales folks at FR are aware and listening. IE.. the change to Atwood water heaters.

We were totally impressed with what we saw. Great experience for us.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #8

I have lots of pics, once we land, I will post some