Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #1

Precision Plex App for iPhone

I’m posting this out here because I haven’t seen any other conversation on it, so I’ll bring a little awareness for anyone interested...

The newer Legacy’s have a free app called Precision Plex that (mostly) mirrors the control panel.

Works really well. The only thing I’ve found that you can’t do is control the thermostat from bed.

Works via Bluetooth and is very responsive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2929.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	169027

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2930.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	169028
Old 04-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #2

Oh great! Something else I won't know how to use. Lol. Thanks for the info, I saw that mentioned in your earlier post and was wondering.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #3

Nice. I’ll have to give this a shot? Any way to make it work over WiFi versus Bluetooth so you can control it from a greater distance?
cdeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeeter View Post
Nice. I’ll have to give this a shot? Any way to make it work over WiFi versus Bluetooth so you can control it from a greater distance?

No it seems to be Bluetooth only. Since you can control the slides with it, that’s probably best for safety reasons anyways I’d think.

I will say that the range is really good! I’m sitting 50’ away in the house and can control light (as a test) without problems...

I’ve found that I use it most when emptying tanks...
Old 04-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKN 516 View Post
No it seems to be Bluetooth only. Since you can control the slides with it, that’s probably best for safety reasons anyways I’d think.

I will say that the range is really good! I’m sitting 50’ away in the house and can control light (as a test) without problems...

I’ve found that I use it most when emptying tanks...

That’s cool. I was curious if it could be rigged in such a manner. My rig has an AGS on it but I’d be sick if anything happened to the HVAC and my dogs got too hot in the coach. Does anyone use a WiFi temperature alarm of some sort? If so, what are the specs on it so I can get one?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:22 PM   #6

Precision Plex App for iPhone

Quote:
That’s cool. I was curious if it could be rigged in such a manner. My rig has an AGS on it but I’d be sick if anything happened to the HVAC and my dogs got too hot in the coach. Does anyone use a WiFi temperature alarm of some sort? If so, what are the specs on it so I can get one?

I don’t use anything like this, but you could design a small “weather station” without too much trouble. The biggest challenge is that you need to have a solid network gateway. Mobile hotspot would do nicely...

Google “diy weather station”... there are Raspberry PI solutions, etc that don’t cost too much and are kind of fun.

There’s probably several off the shelf internet appliances as well...

Edit: a quick search turned this up... looks like it would work nicely with a hotspot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AEQ9X9I...a-375433369637
Old 04-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

@TKN 516 thanks for the advice. I appreciate it and will look into this one and check out a couple of Pi solutions as well.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #8

Quote:
@TKN 516 thanks for the advice. I appreciate it and will look into this one and check out a couple of Pi solutions as well.

No problem! Best of luck... after seeing how reasonably priced those little temp probes are, I would lean that way first... I’m sure there are other competing products as well.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKN 516 View Post
No problem! Best of luck... after seeing how reasonably priced those little temp probes are, I would lean that way first... I’m sure there are other competing products as well.
Yes, this is nice. I like it. You can be outside and control the slides......
Jeff
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvenditte View Post
Yes, this is nice. I like it. You can be outside and control the slides......
Jeff

Agree. I’ve found that I use it most when filling the fresh water tank with the slide out. Can see the level without leaning under there to push the button. Not necessary at all, but a cool feature!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Oh great! Something else I won't know how to use. Lol. Thanks for the info, I saw that mentioned in your earlier post and was wondering.
hahaha My sentiments exactly.

I level my 5er side to side with 2x6 planks and for and aft with my landing gear. If I had an automatic system Id just screw it up and twist my camper.

Been doing it this way too long to want to learn some newfangled gadget.

Id still have a flip phone if DW hadn't bought me an iphone behind my back
Old 05-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #12

Ok you motivated me to link my phone to the panel. Ha!! Man that was easy. Works awesome. This will come in handy pulling out the slides and checking tank levels
DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #13

My 2017 did not have it, I think only the 2018 has it. For the 2017 you have to add the wireless capability, not sure of cost.
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote