Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
CRL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 154
Propane Tank

Where can I find out how to add a fitting to my propane tank so I can run a hose to my fire pit or barbecue grill?
__________________

CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rsdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 2,947
Your rig uses a regulator at the tank to make high pressure propane gas into low pressure that is available to your trailer's appliances... chances are your grill or firepit also have regulators attached to the hoses that fit directly to the propane bottle. You can't have two regulators inline feeding any propane device... the one on the trailer is necessary so the other device's regulators have to go.

do a search on this forum for propane regulators... lots has been written about this and ways to adapt your low pressure trailer hose to different propane appliances that use high pressure direct-to-tank connections

I used this thread to make an alteration to my Coleman grill that allows me either low or high pressurize connections...

Switched to Quick Connects for Coleman Roadtrip Grill
__________________

__________________
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain



2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 316
What you probably want is a 'propane y splitter' which allows two connections at the tank.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Posts: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRL1 View Post
Where can I find out how to add a fitting to my propane tank so I can run a hose to my fire pit or barbecue grill?
I recommend using a second, separate tank (at least 10 or 20 lb) with a double fitting (available anywhere that sells camping accessories). This way you can connect both the fire pit and BBQ at the same time.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #5
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 20,749
They make T kits that will install at your propane cylinders, which allows you to run a line off to your BBQ, etc.

You may can find a better price than this one, and possibly even find some with more than one port. This should give you and idea on what you are looking for:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/3-Por...-p/66-8909.htm
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Just imagine, for a moment, if there were no hypothetical situations.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRL1 View Post
Where can I find out how to add a fitting to my propane tank so I can run a hose to my fire pit or barbecue grill?
Our local Propane supplier has a Technician who installs all the propane fitting and lines as well as hoses like you desire for MH,Trailers,5th wheels,ect! They pressure Check everything after install,the Water Column Test takes some time,but "Better Safe Than Sorry",when it comes to Propane Leaks! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 9,877
Since this is posted in the Legacy section I'll assume you have a permanently mounted propane tank. Regulators on permanently mounted tanks are not always right at the tank. If you are unfamiliar with LP plumbing, it might be worth your while to take it to a certified LP dealer. They should have everything needed to get you what you want.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=36
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
CRL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Your rig uses a regulator at the tank to make high pressure propane gas into low pressure that is available to your trailer's appliances... chances are your grill or firepit also have regulators attached to the hoses that fit directly to the propane bottle. You can't have two regulators inline feeding any propane device... the one on the trailer is necessary so the other device's regulators have to go.

do a search on this forum for propane regulators... lots has been written about this and ways to adapt your low pressure trailer hose to different propane appliances that use high pressure direct-to-tank connections

I used this thread to make an alteration to my Coleman grill that allows me either low or high pressurize connections...

Switched to Quick Connects for Coleman Roadtrip Grill


I am well aware of that and that is why I looking for something that would go right at the tank and bypass the regulator for the motor home. I think the Camco device in one of the other post is what I am looking for.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
CRL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
I recommend using a second, separate tank (at least 10 or 20 lb) with a double fitting (available anywhere that sells camping accessories). This way you can connect both the fire pit and BBQ at the same time.



...VTX-Al


Already have a permanently mounted 24 gal propane tank. Don't want to carry another tank.
Was hoping that somebody with a Legacy may have already done this.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
psw757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 379
I added a gas quick connect with shutoff valve in passenger side wet bay. Remove white paneling and you have good access to tie into gas line at area of furnace. Put a small floor hatch in and had a 25 foot gas hose made to run to my grill. You can operate any grill by removing the regulator on grill as you don't want it double regulated. Anything downstream of the main tank is already regulated.

Works great and no more carrying additional tanks!
__________________

psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
propane, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.