Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
7 Year Class A RV'er

Redirecting Condensate Water?

We keep our Legacy powered up in the drive and conditioned to fight the heat and humidity here in Florida. As a result, there it's always condensate water from the AC units that drains across the roof and, in my case, down the side of the MH at the driver's window. I've seen the small scupper type devices that are meant to deflect the water slightly outboard so it doesn't drain right down the side of the MH, but I'm not sure if they would work on the Legacy or how to attach them. Anyone with experience installing and using these? Your insight or alternate suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #2

The last 360RB I looked at that had the ACs on, they were draining near the driver front wheel well. According to the factory rep (not the sales guy), there were drains in the pillars to keep the water off the windows. This was a 2015 360RB as well and it was one of the things I liked about it, since the Palazzo drains right over the entrance door, or at lest the one I looked at did.

Is everyone else having the same issue with the 360RBs?
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

I know the rear unit drains through a tube inside the rear engine doors. I didn't know there was anything on the front, just assumed it drained to the roof. I keep it as level as possible but the drive slope is a little to the nose down position so I may be causing it myself. Any other experiences? This is a 2015 360RB like you mentioned. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by foretm View Post
The last 360RB I looked at that had the ACs on, they were draining near the driver front wheel well. According to the factory rep (not the sales guy), there were drains in the pillars to keep the water off the windows. This was a 2015 360RB as well and it was one of the things I liked about it, since the Palazzo drains right over the entrance door, or at lest the one I looked at did.

Is everyone else having the same issue with the 360RBs?
This is correct, front a/c drains through tube in front of wheel basically in gen bay and rear a/c drains on drivers side rear just inside body moulding. Black tube.

The key is the coach has to be pretty level for the water not spill out on roof.

I was quite happy when I realized they took the time to design it this way. Our last coach the condensate ran all over.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
This is correct, front a/c drains through tube in front of wheel basically in gen bay and rear a/c drains on drivers side rear just inside body moulding. Black tube.

The key is the coach has to be pretty level for the water not spill out on roof.

I was quite happy when I realized they took the time to design it this way. Our last coach the condensate ran all over.
I too was delighted when I discovered the Legacy drains. Every rig we have had over the last 30 years, has had water running down the side and usually in a bad place. I noticed the front drain hose while looking over the coach when we first brought it home and could not figure out what the pipe was. Then we had some warm days while setting up the new rig and out came the condensate both front and rear, not a drop on the roof!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #6
7 Year Class A RV'er

Sounds like I just need to get it a little more level. The jacks run out and tell me it's not quite level, so I used a bubble level app on my phone and it shows the nose down by less than 2 degrees. Thanks for all the responses. Really appreciated.

Tags
water