Old 04-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #1

Roof Mount Winegard Trav'ler Satellite Prep

What does the standard item for the Legacy titled: "Roof Mount Winegard Trav'ler Satellite Prep" consist of?

North Carolina Mountains
scfishnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #2

Perhaps you mean the wiring and cables already existing in the coach ready to connect the sat dish?

I got me a "RoadTrip T4 In-motion Automatic Satellite Antenna" from Winegard and installed it myself in a couple of hours. it works great.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCF View Post
Perhaps you mean the wiring and cables already existing in the coach ready to connect the sat dish?

I got me a "RoadTrip T4 In-motion Automatic Satellite Antenna" from Winegard and installed it myself in a couple of hours. it works great.

I just read the item listed on the standard equipment for the 2018 Legacy and wondered what was actually in place.
What was involved in your installation? Did you use the wiring already there?
North Carolina Mountains
scfishnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfishnman View Post
I just read the item listed on the standard equipment for the 2018 Legacy and wondered what was actually in place.
What was involved in your installation? Did you use the wiring already there?

There is a spot in the roof marked where to drill. You will find a coax already terminated ready to plug into the dish, you will also find the power wires. I had to cut the plug there as the T4 used a different plug, The same in the cabinet to install the power switch that came with the T4 dish, cut a hole on the side of the cabinet next to the bed controls already there to install the dish power switch.
Used the screws that came with the T4 to mount the 3 brackets, glue them in with some liquid nails, and sealed covered all of it with self leveling 311RV silicone sealant, the same used by FR to seal the roof.

It would have been nice if FR would put it all into a "carflex" pipe so I could have added another coax for a second dish receiver for the bedroom as the T4 supports 2 of them.
I hope this helps.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #5
Lacey's Spring, AL

if you want a 'permanently' mounted Traveler type antenna, then you can certainly use the 'prepped' roof area....

but, as many of us know, if you really just want Dish service when you arrive at an rv park or campground, you can much more easily use a portable antenna, like the King Tailgater or the Dish Playmaker, which you can set anywhere on the roof, near the coach, or even 200' away, when needed. A permanently mounted antenna gives you no flexibility when it comes to where you are parked and if trees are blocking the satellites.
Portables are certainly much more economical, too.

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx, 100,000+mi since '14... US, Alaska, and Canada... from W.C. Georgia, then W. North Carolina, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mount, roo, roof, satellite, winegard