Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #1

RVSHARE?

Anyone on here have any experience with RVSHARE, or renting out your RV?
dcluvtohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #2

I have a 2014 Forest River Forester 3171 DS. I have it listed on RV Share and Outdoorsy. I don't use the RV anymore now that I have a Class A so I figured I would try renting it out to see how it worked. I heard all kinds of horror stories but I do a screening of whoever wants to rent it. I prefer families with kids and local trips. The people with kids or groups of older adults seem to take the best care of the RV. So far I have had 0 issues. I started in August and the RV has been booked almost every weekend until the end of October. I have had to turn away more renters because someone else is already renting it than I have had actual renters. I get two or 3 requests to rent it a day and it's even starting to book into 2018. I screen the renters as well as I can and I turn down people I think might be high risk like groups of kids. That being said I'm sure something negative is bound to happen but so far so good and the demand is super high and the rv is paying for itself and much more.
fclark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #3

We have a 2018 Georgetown 31L5. What would your opinion be for a daily / weekly rental rate? We are interested in renting ours and are just now beginning research. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 09-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #4

What I did was look at all the similar rigs to mine and I put mine a little lower than the others. It seemed to be the right strategy because mine is constantly booked and I don't normally see any bookings for the other like mine that are priced higher. Make sure you charge extra for dumping, filling the water, and cleaning. Having really good pictures seems to help as well.
fclark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #5

Thanks so much. That's a really good idea. That's probably what we will do. Thanks again.