Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #1

Seat Covers

The flexsteel fabric on our captains seats started to go a few months ago. We thought we could get a little more time out of them and replace the seats after our Summer travel. WRONG!

It's now too close to departure to get new seats delivered and install. We ordered some seat covers but, they came up a little short on the seat cushion length.

Has anyone found a slip-on seat cover that fits the captains seats in the Legacy? Mine is a 2014 and not sure of different sizes through the model years. Any covers we find that come close aren't long enough for the length (front to back) of the seat cushion (the part you sit on). I believe the seat measures 22" long.

2014 Legacy SR300 340 BH
Old 05-28-2018, 09:01 AM   #2

If you contact FR they will send you new covers free of charge.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #3

Really? Like slip on covers or replacements that need to go to an upholstery shop?
Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #4

Full replacements. Depending on your skill level, you may have to get a pro to do it.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #5

Yes, I talked to someone at FR on Tuesday and he said he would send them. Unfortunately, they are about 3-4 weeks before they ship so, I'll have to contact him after we get back this summer and do it then.

Did you install yourself or have someone else do it? If paid someone, about how much was the labor? We replaced the jack knife sofa with recliners and ordered extra material for the dinette cushions and the captains seats. Had someone do the cushions and he gave me a price to do the seats. Don't remember for sure but I seem to think $500 each. Maybe better to just do that so that it all matches, once again.

Thank you for turning me on to that, though.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #6

I let someone else bust their knuckles. Cost was $85 per hour & took 1 hr each.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #7

Perfect, sounds like the way to go!
Thanks
Old 06-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #8

When you say call FR, who do you call? Sorry to sound dumb but I would like to speak with them on a couple issues. 1. Seats peeling 2. Need a replacment light fixture for one of the ceiling recessed light. 3. Would like some replacement tiles (slide scratched a few). 4. Would like dinette coushions foam upgrade, some of the more expensive units have much better foam. 5. Can this unit handle a larger tire. 6. Need a replacement brake light for rear of rig.

I have 31,000 miles on my 2015 360 RB rig and have had very few issues, I think it's time to begin upgrades.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:40 AM   #9

Sounds like you should contact the parts department. I don't have a phone number for them with me but you can probably find it. When you look on FR website, there is a reference to contacting your local dealer for parts. Mine is 250 miles away so somehow I got through on the phone to the parts department. Sent them an email with picture of stuff I broke and and the sold and shipped them.

Most of the stuff you are looking for will probably com from them.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #10

Phone number for parts department is
(574)522-1747
Order replacement fog lights for my Legacy from them.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #11

Wow, thanks everyone for the info. We are on a long summer cross country trip and I can see our captains chairs are suddenly degrading in front of oour eyes. Disappointed since I constantly clean and treat them, and our rig is stored in our air conditioned RV garage so nothing is abused. I will pursue further when we get back home.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #12

Called parts dept and was very happy with service! I have had my rig for over 2 years and 31k miles so I had to buy a new light for ceiling ($16) that is fine, rear tail light one was only lighting : or 4 dots. That was around $23. But they are sending me new seat covers for captain chairs free of charge! I am very happy with my rig and Forest River. I really want to upgrade but afraid of what I might get.
Englund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Sounds like you should contact the parts department. I don't have a phone number for them with me but you can probably find it. When you look on FR website, there is a reference to contacting your local dealer for parts. Mine is 250 miles away so somehow I got through on the phone to the parts department. Sent them an email with picture of stuff I broke and and the sold and shipped them.

Most of the stuff you are looking for will probably com from them.
Our captains chairs are degrading so quickly it's like right before our eyes and we have taken crazy care of them. Oh well. However, help from FR was to no avail, they call it normal wear. I will contact the furniture manufacturer next to try to get the covers. Very frustrating. We will replace the sofa with the double recliner as seen on earlier forum posts, that looks great. We love our Legacy but really disappointed with the upholstery longevity issue.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Our captains chairs are degrading so quickly it's like right before our eyes and we have taken crazy care of them. Oh well. However, help from FR was to no avail, they call it normal wear. I will contact the furniture manufacturer next to try to get the covers. Very frustrating. We will replace the sofa with the double recliner as seen on earlier forum posts, that looks great. We love our Legacy but really disappointed with the upholstery longevity issue.

Captrick...

Mike Winterrowd, Forest River
574-296-9642
mwinterrowd@forestriverinc.com

I talked to him on the phone. He said send pictures of the fabric and the tag from under the seat. I did that and he sent me two new covers from the seat manufacturer - no charge to me! I'll have a local auto upholstery shop I use install them cause he will do a much better job than I will. Should run about $275 for the labor.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #15

They sent me all new covers for all my furniture sofa loveseat dining benchs captains chairs. I put them on myself. Only condition was, if I was the original owner.

"Living the Dream" one year at a time.

Wannabretired is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover