Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
My guess would be 25 to 30 cycles so far. It does not appear to be binding and actually operates pretty smooth. Was quite a surprise as we were packed up and leaving on a trip, the little gearbox just suddenly ground up and froze. I should receive the new motor in the morning and I will be closely scrutinizing the action on the slide after I install it. They are very simple to work on as long as you have access to the inside seal. Glad we weren't on the road somewhere. Mitch at FR says they have very few issues with this system, I am tempted to buy a spare motor just to carry. Found one on ebay for $215.
Where did you find the instructions to manual override and the location of the motor? In the FR manual?
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #22

I don't know where he found it but I found it on youtube. Lippert has videos on how to retime and how to release the motor manually.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
7 Year Class A RV'er

Go to www.lci1.com and look at support. Electronic manuals, diagrams, videos, etc are all there.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Go to Lippert Components the leading OEM and Aftermarket RV Parts and Accessory Supplier and look at support. Electronic manuals, diagrams, videos, etc are all there.
The Forest River manual is pretty much a throw away as it is printed for every different rig made in the last few years. Yes, Lippert is the web site for info. However, the maunal over ride is of no use if a motor fails. That function is only valuable if the two motors get out of sync for some reason. Have no idea why ours failed, the slide moves very smoothly, could have just been a bad motor. If the slides are in or slightly in, a motor can be changed in 5 minutes with hardly any tools. If the slides are all the way out it's a different story. All good now, in the mountains enjoying watching a rare So. Cal. spring storm.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #25
7 Year Class A RV'er

captrick3: Just out of curiosity, can you tell me how to access the slide motors in the 360RB? I probably saw it in the literature I downloaded and just didn't realize what I was looking at but you can most likely describe it in terms I can actually understand. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #26

T[QUOTE=conceptumator;863329]captrick3: Just out of curiosity, can you tell me how to access the slide motors in the 360RB? I probably saw it in the literature I downloaded and just didn't realize what I was looking at but you cao

I wish I had taken pics for this purpose but I was kinda frantic to get it fixed. The motors are accessed from the top of each slide, each slide has a motor both fore and aft. The slides must be in by at least 3" or so or all the way in to have enough room. The motors are basically just held with with gravity but locked down by a small screw that is clearly visible from outside near the motor area. This little screw must be removed to remove or disengage the motor. By pulling back the rubber seal at the top of the slide on the inside you can clearly see the motor. The motor is actually a motor with gearbox integrated. If the slide should be all the way out, and a motor totally fails the motor can be dislodged by removing the small screw outside and dislodging the motor and maunally pushing the slide in some. Bedroom slide would be easy, the left full wall slide might take part of a football team, we were not able to do it, but we are old.
The bedroom slide uses 300 to 1 motors, the large slide 500 to 1 ratio. Since this is now a very popular type of slide mechanism both are readily available on the internet, just does not help you if you are stuck in the toolies.
Here is a link to a picture of a high torque motor.
High Torque 500:1 Motor; In-Wall Slide-Out
Hope this helps, take a look behind your inner seal and don't be afraid to ask more. I learned a lot this time.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #27

[QUOTE=captnrick3;863367]T
Quote:
captrick3: Just out of curiosity, can you tell me how to access the slide motors in the 360RB? I probably saw it in the literature I downloaded and just didn't realize what I was looking at but you cao

I wish I had taken pics for this purpose but I was kinda frantic to get it fixed. The motors are accessed from the top of each slide, each slide has a motor both fore and aft. The slides must be in by at least 3" or so or all the way in to have enough room. The motors are basically just held with with gravity but locked down by a small screw that is clearly visible from outside near the motor area. This little screw must be removed to remove or disengage the motor. By pulling back the rubber seal at the top of the slide on the inside you can clearly see the motor. The motor is actually a motor with gearbox integrated. If the slide should be all the way out, and a motor totally fails the motor can be dislodged by removing the small screw outside and dislodging the motor and maunally pushing the slide in some. Bedroom slide would be easy, the left full wall slide might take part of a football team, we were not able to do it, but we are old.
The bedroom slide uses 300 to 1 motors, the large slide 500 to 1 ratio. Since this is now a very popular type of slide mechanism both are readily available on the internet, just does not help you if you are stuck in the toolies.
Here is a link to a picture of a high torque motor.
High Torque 500:1 Motor; In-Wall Slide-Out
Hope this helps, take a look behind your inner seal and don't be afraid to ask more. I learned a lot this time.
A pic of the high torque schwintek slide motor
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #28
7 Year Class A RV'er

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. If I ever need to, at least I'll have an inkling where to look. As for pushing the slide in, we're all old around here! ��. Have a nice evening!

Old 05-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. If I ever need to, at least I'll have an inkling where to look. As for pushing the slide in, we're all old around here! ��. Have a nice evening!

Conceptumator, the slide mechanism on the 360RB is hydraulic, and should be using a different mechanism than the 340KP that Rick owns. See the mechanism on this 2015 360RB i saw at a show.

Here's the hydraulic pump with 5 lines, 4 for the jacks and 1 for the slide on the same 2015 360RB.

The mechanism on the small bedroom slide is below the bed, you would need to lift the bed up and access the motor there. See a picture of the outside of the slide from underneath.

Hope this helps.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #30
7 Year Class A RV'er

Thanks, foretm -

Now things are making a bit more sense to me. I had the tool they said was for manual slide retraction/extension, but it seemed to only be an attachment for the hydraulics on the jacks. I see what you're saying now and those pictures do match up to what I have on the MH. I know some of these questions seem dumb, but the literature they provide on a lot of the MH-related things is, to say the least, lacking.

Thanks again to you and captnrick3 for your willingness to help out. Have a great weekend!

Old 05-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #31

There are no dumb questions in my book. I just have been doing a lot of research on the FR Legacy 360RB and have lots of pictures from it. You're welcome, and I'm sure once I own one, I'll be asking a bunch of questions too.

That's what makes this forum so great!! Everyone's willingness to help.

Enjoy, be safe, and have a great weekend.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Thanks, foretm -

Now things are making a bit more sense to me. I had the tool they said was for manual slide retraction/extension, but it seemed to only be an attachment for the hydraulics on the jacks. I see what you're saying now and those pictures do match up to what I have on the MH. I know some of these questions seem dumb, but the literature they provide on a lot of the MH-related things is, to say the least, lacking.

Thanks again to you and captnrick3 for your willingness to help out. Have a great weekend!
That is a total surprise to me, I no idea the 360 was different. Sorry for the bad info. We saw a 360 very briefly at a show last year, but that rig is too big for our parking so we did not pursue it.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #33
7 Year Class A RV'er

No problem, captnrick3, I had no idea, either. I did go out and check the hydraulic center and all is well with my brain now. never can know too much - might be able to help someone else out on the road sometimes. Thanks again.

Tags
slide