Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk123 View Post
As promised, following are the issues we found during our camping stay at the RV dealership where we bought our 340KP.
1. At the RV show, the Forest River Rep told us the rig had water tank heat pads. Later at the dealership, we saw there were none. The dealer contacted Forest River and made good their promise and supplied the dealer with the heat pads and electronics to install at no cast to me or the dealer.
2. Rear windows were not closing all the way. Dealer fixed.
3. Rear rubber on kitchen slide was loose. Dealer fixed.
4. I wanted a bug cover over the furnace outlet. Dealer installed. My cost
5. Wanted hydraulic struts to raise the bed. Dealer didn't want to attach to the flimsy walls so I deferred this addition for now.
6. Added SiriusXM radio module to the radio. I paid extra for that.
7. Dealer uncoiled the GPS antenna from under the dash and extended it out along the window for better coverage.
8. Dealer installed two piano hinges on the sofa lower kick panel so we can use under the sofa for easy storage by just lifting up the kick panel. My cost
9. Cover over the light inside generator cabinet was missing. Dealer replaced.
10. Front diamond shield was coming off at the lower driver's side edge. Dealer fixing.
11. Closet doors for the wash machine area and pantry were warped. Forest River is replacing.
12. Several interior cabinet doors were loose, some had bad hinges. Forest River is replacing all the hinges. Dealer aligned the others.
13. Dealer attached a Forest River rock guard. No cost to me for the guard because the Forest River rep said it comes with one. Dealer installed, no cost to me.
14. Dealer installed a tow hitch and Invisibrake for our 2014 Honda CRV TOAD. My cost.
15. Three basement cabinet doors needed adjusting. Dealer fixed.
16. Interior skin on the main door had bubbled in 4 places. Forest River is replacing the door. Also, the deadbolt lock was inoperative. Forest River is replacing the entire locking mechanism. Dealer is making the changes, Forest River is covering costs.
17. Continuous hot water heater was intermittent. Dealer replaced the circuit board and adjusted the flutter valve.
18. Dealer adjusted windshield night shade that was not raising all the way.
19. Two guides that allow the shower enclosure to ride on the lower rails were broken. Forest River is providing and dealer installing.
20. Refrigerator ice maker inoperative, fridge leaking water. Dealer pulled unit out and found waterline was not connected. Dealer fixed.
21. Kitchen slide was 1" off front to rear. Dealer removed and re-aligned the slide. According to Forest River this is not uncommon.
22. Main sewer drain was offset from the hose drain hole. This prevented attaching the drain hose. Dealer re-aligned the sewer drain. Forest River had a partial production run with this problem.
23. Dealer replaced air leveler switch due to constant hissing (leaking down).
24. Water leak below sink. Dealer fixed pipe that was not connected.

That's the brunt of the issues we found while camped at the dealership. We were so upset over all the problems, that we wanted to cancel the purchase deal. We instead negotiated with the dealer who bought us a $5,000 five-year full 100% "bumper-bumper" warranty with Coachnet. Despite all the problems, our dealer treated us very fairly and professionally. If we had not camped out on his lot for several days and caught all these issues, we would have been very unhappy campers. Instead, we're now satisfied. I think it's been a blessing in disguise that we caught all these items before we even left the lot. Forest River too has been very helpful in all of this and has given us 100% satisfaction.
Holy cow, I had to read all that twice to digest! Good for you, most of the things you found I just fixed myself, if I left it to my dealer I'm not sure we would see our rig for a year. Surprised about the rock guard, I want one, but not willing to fork out $500 for one. Great job, keep us posted.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Wait the rear rock guard is part of the purchase...that is a new one to me
Me too

Old 10-29-2015, 02:51 AM   #63

Wsr

CKM
2014 - Legacy 3400BH
Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #64

Answer for PSW757:
The HP upgrade to the diesel engine was accomplished by my dealer, a certified Cummins dealer. The upgrade was done via computer with authorization, warranty upgrade, and PIN provided by Cummins. I have the paperwork showing the before and after results. The HP was increased to 340 and the torque went from 660 to 700. According to the dealer, such upgrades cannot be accomplished without authorization directly from Cummins since they maintain control over the software. They must provide the PIN number to make any software upgrades to increase horsepower or any other changes to the engine. No other changes were made in my case. The whole process is very formal and highly controlled by Cummins, according to my dealer.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:02 PM   #65

Quote:
Answer for PSW757:
The HP upgrade to the diesel engine was accomplished by my dealer, a certified Cummins dealer. The upgrade was done via computer with authorization, warranty upgrade, and PIN provided by Cummins. I have the paperwork showing the before and after results. The HP was increased to 340 and the torque went from 660 to 700. According to the dealer, such upgrades cannot be accomplished without authorization directly from Cummins since they maintain control over the software. They must provide the PIN number to make any software upgrades to increase horsepower or any other changes to the engine. No other changes were made in my case. The whole process is very formal and highly controlled by Cummins, according to my dealer.
According to all the information I can find so far, the engines are exactly the same. I'd be interested in getting the upgrade done, especially if it keeps the factory warranty.

I pickup my SR300/340BH in about a week. I guess I need to track down someone from Cummins to see if they can recommend a factory authorized station in my area (DC Metro). Anyone have any more information on this? I'd love to see the outputs if possible so at least I have something to go on when I talk to a station.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:04 PM   #66

Hey....I live in York PA and we have a Cummins Freightliner dealership here in York if that helps...
Old 10-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Hey....I live in York PA and we have a Cummins Freightliner dealership here in York if that helps...
If they will do the upgrade (for a reasonable price) and it retains warranty - I'd drive up. Not that far. Make a trip to Merry Meadows or something for a shakedown..
Old 10-31-2015, 06:52 AM   #68

I will call them on Monday as they have done warranty work on my motorhome in the past...easy to located as its right off RT 83
Old 10-31-2015, 11:18 PM   #69

Quote:
Answer for PSW757:

ajk - can you get any documentation on this (or the documents they provided with you)? I'm hoping to get the same thing done here in MD or PA at an Oasis Freightliner dealer.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #70

All I have are the engine spec sheets, before the upgrade and after. That's 10 pages each. But only the horsepower and the torque were changes. I don't think this information would help you. Just ask a certified Cummins shop about upgrading the ISB engine from 300HP to 340HP and torque from 660 to 700. That's all you want changed. He will have to get authorization and software password from Cummins. Or call Cummins direct and ask them for a local dealer near you. My dealer is in Canon City Colorado. I live in the Black Forest of Colorado Springs.